7

RENGOKU'S POV

I crawl out of bed and yawn as I notice that (Y/n) wasn't on the bed anymore I went out to the balcony she wasn't still here,The bathroom she isn't still there and I decided to change my Jenbei into a fine clothes and went outside the inn and started to find where (Y/n) went.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!"I called out at the street.

"Excuse me sir..Are you referring to the pink haired girl? She just went there at the ramen store."A man said as he pointed the store as I thanked him and went to the store where the man pointed.

"Yeah..Two large bowl of ramen."She ordered waiting for the food to come as I went inside and sat across of her.

"I see you're hungry but you could've woken me up so we could eat together."I said.

"I don't want you to get bother while you're having a peaceful sleep..Do you want to eat too?"She said as I nod.

"Add another two large bowl of ramen from my order!"She called out.

"Let's just wait for them to serve here."She said as I nod as she sighted and put her head on the table.

"Don't you have any good sleep last night?"I asked.

"I think so..I'm just thinking and a bit worried how Big sister is doing with Obanai-san."She replied.

"Don't worry I'm sure Iguru is taking good care of Mitsuri..We should enjoy this time just the two of us after we get back into our own mission."I said.

"Why did even Oyakata-sama let this happen if the two of us get paired because of mission."She said as I tap her head as she looked up to me.

"I wasn't lying that there are some demons hunting here for their foods."I said as she sit up straight.

"So that's why we gotta move tonight."She said as I nod.

"Mhm..It was lucky for us last night that we don't have a job to do and just enjoy."I said as she sighted.

"Here's your order ma'am,sir..Four large bowls of ramen please enjoy."With that the waiter left.

"Thank you for the food."Both (Y/n) and I exclaimed as we started to eat our ramen.

"Tasty..Tasty..Mmm Tasty.."

"Yeah..It is but please lower down your voice."She said as I followed.

After we both eat our ramen she quickly went out after she paid our meal and I followed her as she stops walking at the Sakura Tree.

"Is there something in your mind (Y/n)?"I asked.

"Uh..I just remembered something that's all.."She said.

"Do you want to relax underneath the Sakura Tree?"I asked.

"Perhaps I would like..Do you have time?"She asked.

"Of course my time are all free and not occupied."I said as we both sat underneath at the Sakura Tree.

"So..What makes this Sakura Tree special to you?"I asked as she take off her head cape.

"Why-I mean it's good that you take your head cape off."I said as she looked up to me.

"Do you want to know why this Sakura Tree makes special to me?"She asked as I nod.

"This is my first time opening up to a person that isn't my family neither big sister,but it's not just this single Sakura Tree I mean all of them all around here in Japan..They're special to me and it pains me but at the same time it takes me back from the memories I share with a guy that I used to loved before I met you."She said as she looked up to the sky.

"You've loved someone before?"I said as she nods.

'Oh..I thought I'm gonna be the first,but oh well it's better I knew more about her it's not as always that I'll be the first I think it's better be the last..'

"You know it's better to be the last person you're gonna love."I said as she looked at me.

"What do you mean?"She asked as I held her hands.

"I know I can't erase neither beat the history that you shared with that guy before you met me..But even I'm gonna be the last person whom you gonna love with I think it's better because its gonna be more interesting and exciting at the same time to know more about you..I'll just try my best to love you so that you can love me back."I said as she playfully slapped me while chuckling.

"It's the first time I saw you chuckled to me."I said with a smile as her eyes widened and looked away on embarrassment.

"No need to be embarrassed to me (Y/n)..Just remembered what just I've said to you..I may not be your first but I'll be your last and be the one to take good care of you."I said.

"I don't know if you can handle such word from me..Back when I was with him before he left me because..Because she found someone else better than me."She said as she looked down and I pat her head.

"It's because you deserve someone better than him..We got all our first love sometimes gets broken and not in a good destiny at the very end..He may found someone better than you but he will never found someone like you."I said as she nudge me.

"Stop being cheesy..But to be honest I got touch by at it..Thanks Rengoku."She said.

"Kyojuro..Please call me Kyojuro from now on,(Y/n) let's call each other by first name basis."I said.

"If I can..Then I'll call you by your first name."She said as I nod.

"Okay let's not get into negativity..Let's head our way..Where are we off to anyway?"She asked.

"I was just following you around."I scratch the back of my hair.

"HELP!!! SOMEONE KILLED MY HUSBAND!!"

"Come on (Y/n)."I said as I drag her along with me as she was putting her head cape back.

"Damn.."I heard (Y/n) as I cover her eyes using my left hand.

"Don't look on this scenery this is such disturbing."I said as she hummed in response.

"What did exactly happened ma'am?"I asked the husband's wife.

"I stayed at my work's place to stay for the night since I all got tired from working last night and when I just went home I just found my husband here inside the house at our front door..Covered in his blood."She said as she wiped her tears.

"Who could've done this such terrible thing!"

"We have to call someone and ask for help in this investigation."

"No need to worry sir and ma'am we are part of an investigation team we're gonna handle this and make move as fast as we can..For now I want to investigate one by one and ask what were you all doing last night."I said as (Y/n) shoved my left hand away.

"Let's start to all of his friend until to his wife at last..We'll ask everyone a question on one by one..Let's get down to our job and take down the suspect Kyojuro."She said as I nod with a smile.

'She finally said my first name now..'

"Please leave this to us,we'll handle everything about this case."