A Look into Knox Carmicheal

I think about home a lot while locked up in here!

My momma Betty Ann, worked her butt off for me and my brother to give us the best life possible. She is the kindest person you'll ever meet. She has long black hair that fans her thin body, she stands only 5"5 whereas me and my brother Keagan both are 6'4 she has brown eyes where my brother and I have green eyes my brother and me look a lot alike as we are twins but not identical his hair is more blondish brown where mine is almost as black as my mommas and then there are our builds I'm more muscular where he is lankier unless he bulked up since the last time I saw him! We don't know who our dad is my momma refuses to tell us anything we have our guesses but nothing definite!

My momma wouldn't have been able to do everything she did if it wasn't for the Walker family next door. I'm best friends with Jill's twin sons, Josh and Kyle since we are all the same age and then they have a younger sister I think she is something like 6 years younger than us. I remember always standing up for her always running and helping if something happened that little girl had me wrapped around her finger at such a young age! I wonder what she is like now I hope she is doing well and giving people hell like she did when she was little.

     Hell Keagan, Josh, Kyle, and I were a force to be reckoned with in our small town we all are what the townsfolk called the Country boys out the road we were all four lumped together because we stayed together we protected each other our bond of brotherhood reminds me of the Coast Guard! I joined because it was what I wanted to do I also knew if I stayed in that small town I would end up in jail for fighting I did well with the rodeo world could have gone pro but that wasn't for me plus too many cocky rednecks for my liking don't get me wrong I am one but put too many of us together in the same place and something bad is bout to happen! If only I knew I would end up here. I know no one could predict what would have happened on that mission but I replay it in my head every day!

The sound of the chopper drowning out all the other noise we have to Holler at each-other to speak!   It's a 6 unit team Me, RJ,Junior,Capt Adams, Gunner, and Blaze we are sitting in tactical gear ready to jump when the time is right we are jumping into the ocean near a cave in trance that will lead to the forest where we are supposedly rescue a group of kids being held hostage!

The door opens and we all know what to do we line up one by one dropping into the cold water next thing you start swimming long powerful strokes to get you through the crashing waves turning your head keeping your mouth closed deep breath's through your nose and then there it is the cave you scale the rocks and stand inside the cave waiting for the rest of your team to arrive once we are all in the cave we debrief go over the plan who sticks by who and then we move through the brush and come up on the building me and blaze where to take the front Rj and Junior had the sides and Capt and Gunner had the back we went in took the first floor no problem same with second the kids where kept in the basement got down there took out the guards like planned started ushering the kids upstairs and outside to the meet up! On the way there is when trouble strikes we where ambushed me and Blayze were holding them back as Capt and the rest got the kids to safety!

"Go" I yelled at Blayze while firing at another person.

"I'm not leaving you behind man" he yelled back as we tried to hold the men back!

"One of us isn't getting on that plane and you have a wife and kids man go now before it's to late" I screamed back at him

"I got your back now go" I yelled at him again he started to retreat as I kept fire but I know he didn't make it far before the blast a grenade hit not far from me throwing me to the ground! When I tried to stand up I was surrounded by foreign men with guns pointed at me I stood up and faced them not letting them get the best of me. They will either shoot me or take me hostage and since they have yet to shoot me, my guess is that they will take me, prisoner.

To this day I have yet to give in to them I wonder if Blaze made it out I pray that he did I haven't noticed him here but I don't notice a lot here not in my little wooden cell they keep me. I don't have a lot to look forward to I have my memories, one picture of me and the gang with little Baliegh sitting on my shoulders and then one letter that I have kept in my shirt pocket from a very fiesty 14-year-old Baliegh. She used to write me all the time right up till she turned 18. Then all her letters stopped coming but her brothers still sent me letters that is until well now I am not sure how long I have even been here.