Facts about memories

Facts found from best life online.com and brainmadesimple.com

1. We start to lose childhood memories while in childhood.

2. The better you sleep, the better you can store memories. 

3. Walking through doors can trigger your brain to forget.

4. Depression impacts will affect the way you remember things.

5. Love at first sight is a fabrication. It's just your mind playing tricks on you, according to a from Northwestern University. Apparently, when we think back to the time when we first met our significant other, we have a tendency to project our current feelings onto our past memories. 

6. Meditation can help improve memory.

7. False memories are real. Not only is this phenomenon not uncommon, but it affects nearly everyone—including those with autobiographical memories.

8. People who are left-handed tend to have better memories than right-handed people. 

9. Good memories tend to stick with you, unlike bad memories.

10. When you sit up straight, it's easier to recall memories. 

11. Your memory has the ability to associate a scent with a particular occurrence or event.

12. Taking a picture of something can make your memory worse. 

13. If you say something out loud, you're more likely to remember it.

14. Researchers are starting to understand that the human minds can re-invent, distort, exaggerate or create a memory after any traumatic experience or event that affected them greatly. (I fucking hate when my head does this)

15. The human brain's storage capacity is virtually limitless.

16. Caffeine only helps to increase alertness, it doesn't maintain memory performances.

17. Many people link aging with memory loss. However, the memory loss people experience as they age is because they tend to exercise their brains less.

These are cool. Which fact was your favorite? 

Also, if you want this book to be continued, you guys have to give me some topics. I have none left and let's be honest, this is a half-assed chapter. I apologize that it's not the best, but I need a little help. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's hard to write things if I don't know what you're interested in.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and please vote. It means a lot my lovelies. ❤️ 

-Whimsical-Soul