Chapter 6: Garden

It's been an year or two ever since I left Fluffy's place.

I don't even know whether that was the right decision or not. I just felt like he'd done so much to help me, but I'm just a burden to him. If I stay by his side, who knows, he'll likely just get into more trouble because of me. 

After all, the bad guys are all after me. 

I sighed, landing into the garden of Pecha Berries— my new base. Grabbing a few berries from the branches, I munched on them as I leaned against the tree.

I've been globe-trotting ever since, travelling to different regions and exploring. 

i avoided contact this time, and I'd never stay at one place for long. I made sure I'd be hard to track down, and I just went wherever I wanted. Up to the peaks, down to the lakes, into the caves, or just hanging around in the forest. And eventually, I came to this place. 

It's hardly a garden, actually, just an area with Pecha Berry trees, surrounded by the forest and slightly concealed by the cliff edge. It's pretty far from human civilization, and I barely see any humans around here. It's pretty much a hidden paradise with an all you can eat Pecha Berry buffet. So, I stayed here. The ideal hideout for me. I learnt the trick to concealing my presence— don't run, don't panic. 

Training at Fluffy's place paid off. I made friends with the local Pokemon, who would come round once in a while to play and feast on the Pecha Berries.Sometimes, I'd wish that Fluffy were here too, so we could share the berries together and have fun just like how we did back then. 

I even picked up a trick or two on gardening. Claw a hole on the ground, dump the seeds in it, throw the dirt back on them, and amazingly, they'll start sprouting. 

I don't stay in the garden all the time. I go around the 'Kalos region', or at least that's what they called it. I've seen the cities from a distance, and they're amazing, especially the one with a tall thing in the middle. Really bright and sparkly. 

Oh. Talking about bright and sparkly, that reminds me: I recently found a weird object in the wood. Somewhat like a scroll. I didn't understand a single thing written on it, but strange enough, I seem to be able to communicate with humans with this thing through telepathy. 

How did I find out about that? Thing is, I was taking a stroll on the mountains when I spotted a teen. I went: hm. I wonder what she's doing. Then all of a sudden, the scroll started glowing.

I found myself standing face to face with the teen in a blanked out area. Just the two of us. 

I blinked, confused, "Hi," I tried, waving a paw at her awkwardly in an attempt to not frighten her.

She screamed, shocked that I was speaking, and the next thing I saw, there was a bright explosion of light as I found myself back where I was when the scroll first activated. 

Oh. I also think that the scroll has a time limit to it. I think the limit is around 1 hour a day. That's the only thing I understood from the scroll: the number 1 beside a clock like illustration. 

How many years was it since then? Around 3-4, I guess. I've been used to this kind of life where I feast on berries and go exploring once in a while. It's around spring now, and the Pecha Berries are at their maximum production rate. Every year, during this particular season, flocks of Pokemon would come dropping by and helping themselves to the berries. 

It's a bit irritating. They're so loud. 

And so, during this noisy period, I'd go on a long long vacation, dropping by the garden only once a week to stock up some berries.