Chapter 7: Crossing Paths

Roaring furiously, I endured the pain, trying to concentrate on channeling the electricity to the tip of my claws. Just a bit! 

I glared at the hunters, determined. 

And that was when I caught a movement in the trees behind them. 

Nevermind that. I lost my focus again, I closed my eyes. Focus. Focus. FOCUS!

Then suddenly, the attacks stopped. 

"Stop this!" A familiar voice shouted. 

I opened my eyes and saw a brown haired boy standing in front of me. 

"What can you do, shrimp, get out of our way if you don't wanna get hurt!" One of the hunters growled.

I have to retreat for now. Forcing out my strength, a strong current pulsed through my veins. 

"Stay away from Zeraora!" He shouted. 

My eyes widened as a strong burst of emotion surged through my body. Electricity exploded from the tip of my claw with a blast, shattering the boulder behind me. 

Should I help him? He seems to be in trouble! No I'm too tired to fight now. I only have enough strength to get back to the garden. 

Whirling around, I shot through the trees, my whole body aching. 

I tumbled and crashed into the rough soil with a grunt. 

That kid—

I tried to recall why he sounded familiar. 

Familiar... a thought hit me and pieces started falling into place. 

Of course. It completely slipped my mind that humans' appearance would change slightly as they grow up.  

Is it really him? In a faraway place like this?

Gritting my teeth, I forced myself to stand up, using my fist to support me. 

I have to head right back to help him— or at least, reconfirm whether it was him. 

A pair of Ratata scurried up to me, setting a Pecha Berry in front of me. 

Biting down on it, I felt the poison running through my veins fade away, which made me feel slightly better. I staggered upright and winced.

I'm in no shape to fight. 

I dragged my weary body under the cliff, then reached out towards the sky as I concentrated my powers.

Disappear. Disappear.

Gathering the plasma around my claws, I clutched them tight in my fist. Slowly, the thunderstorms calmed down, revealing the round moon overhead.  

Raindrops dripped on the fragile leaves barely hanging to the branches as the bird Pokemon started chirping.

I closed my eyes to take a short nap.

Where do I belong? 

Why do I exist? 

Darkness clouded me as crimson, menacing eyes glared at me, their cackling echoing in my brain.

Stop. Stop! STOP! 

My brain screamed as I held it in pain.

"Don't worry... it's gonna be just fine... just fine..." a kind voice whispered as warmth wrapped itself around me.