Essay 9

Essay 9: Statement of The Problem

Upon making a statement of the problem, what do we need to do? What is the goal of it? As well as the characteristics and the format of writing a statement of the problem? Why does it matter? A research statement is used as a claim that outlines addressed by the study. Let's get more deeper about it.

The goal of a statement of the problem is to generalize a problem into a well-defined problem. The one that can be resolved through focused research and careful desicion making. Also, the format of writing this is a persuasive statement of problem and usually written in three parts. Part A (The Ideal) explains how things should be, Part B (The Reality) explains how the current situation falls short of the goal or ideal and lastly the Part C (The Consequences) improves the current situation and move it closer to the goal or ideal.

There are also good characteristics of a research problem. These are the following: it should address a gap in knowledge, significant enough to contribute to the existing body of the of research, leads to further research, the problem should render itself to investigation through collection of data, it should be of interest to the researcher and suit his/her skills, time and resources. Lastly, the approach towards solving the problem should be ethical.