Chapter 27- Party crashers

Start from the beginning

"Well you guys have fun at the dance, I am going to be at home watching movies and eating popcorn." I comment, dreaming about yummy popcorn.

"You're not going?" Theo's eyes are wide.

"Nope." I mutter plainly while taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Why not?" Miles asks, staring at me.

"I just don't want to go."

"Lee, you have to go." Cam tells me, throwing a chip at my head.

"What country do we live in again?"

"America" Bri says slowly, eyeing me suspiciously.

"And America's a free country right?" They all nod their heads, confusion written all over my face. "Then I don't have to go"

"You're going." Cam demands.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"God,you are so stubborn." He huffs.

I bask in my victory before Theo says "I already got her a dress so she's going."

"You got me a dress?" I turn to face my twin who has a evil grin.

"Yep, mom helped me pick it out. You have to go." He steals a bite of my sandwich before changing the subject.

I'm not going.

{~}

Okay, I'm going.

I wasn't going to but mom was so excited about the dress she picked out for me. Theo got something to spike the drinks so the night will be slightly bearable. I had 2 weeks to mentally prepare for it and I'm still not ready but I'm going.

My dress had a baby blue, puffy skirt that ended before my knees. The top was strapless and was a tan color. Flowers covered the entire top part and a few trailed down the skirt. I had to admit that it was beautiful.

Sara curled my hair while mom took a million pictures of the boys outside. My makeup was normal but with a little blue glitter eyeshadow in the corner of my eyes to go with the dress.

As much as I hated going, the dress was gorgeous. Mom and Sara both teared up when they saw me in it. Sara did the last curl before flicking off the curler.

"I left my hairspray at home, let me go see if your mom has some." She fluffs my curls before exiting the room. My door is left open and new footstep enter the hall.

"Hey Lee I-" I turn to face Cam and I freeze. He's in a dark blue suit with the collar slightly undone. His hair was brushed and more tamed than usual.

He seemed frozen in place as his eyes scanned me. I stood up and smiled, motioning to my dress "do I look okay?"

His jaw clamps shut and he nods "you look- I- you" he stutters, his eyes training up my body again "gorgeous, you look gorgeous"

My cheeks turn slightly red but the pounds of makeup I have on do good to conceal my blushing. He scratched the back of his head, taking another step into my room.

"Thanks, you look gorgeous too." I giggle, he smirks before it drops and he processes my words.

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding, you look very handsome." I take a step towards him so we're only around a foot apart.

"Not sexy or the hottest human you've ever laid your eyes on?" He teases, his arm snakes around my waist  and he peers down at me.

We haven't kissed since that one night but ever since then there's been a certain tension between us. The kiss would replay in my mind every time we were alone but I would never do anything about it.

For all I know it could've been a mistake to him or he wasn't thinking straight.

But now his lips slowly move closer to mine. My heart is the only thing to be heard and his eyes are the only thing to be seen. Before we can do anything, footsteps sound down the hall and we jump apart.

"I found it." Sara says walking into the room. When she spots us she freezes. Cam and I face the door, standing a couple feet apart. Both of us were flustered and standing awkwardly. "Look how cute you two look."

A wide smile erupts on her face and she grabs her phone from her pocket. I glance over at Cam who's already looking at me. He winks and looks back to his mom.

"Charlotte! Get in here!" Sara yells down the hall. My mom walks in a couple second later.

"Now you two look as cute as a button." She tells us brightly.

"Move together. I wanna get some pictures." Sara waves us closer to each other and turns her phone.

"I thought we were taking pictures outside?" Cameron wonders, wrapping an arm around me and smiling as Sara snaps a few pictures. His hand on my waist sends a flurry of electricity through me.

"We are but I want some with just you two." Sara gives her son a stern glare and takes more pictures.

"This reminds me of the dance you two went to in elementary." Mom has a bittersweet look on her face. "You're both so big now." She tears up and I tear away from Cameron.

"Don't cry mom, Cam still has the brain of a little kid." I look over to him and he just crosses his arms.

"I know, it's just you guys are growing up so fast." She wiped a stray tear away and hugs Sara.

"It all passed by in a blink of an eye." Sara agrees, looking like she might cry too. "It feels like just yesterday we were changing your diapers and pulling you two apart so you didn't beat each other with your toys."

"Ma" Cam walks over and hugs both of the moms and I join.

"Okay, no more tears. We still have 2 more years to embarrass them." Mom shakes her head and fans her face.

"And we'll  make the most of it." Sara nods her head.

"Oh joy." I say sarcastically.

"One more picture and then I need to spray your hair miss." Sara points to me and gathers us all. She flips the camera to the front screen and we all 4 smile wide.

She snaps the picture and then pockets her phone, forcing me back to the dresser so she can spray my hair. Mom drags Cam outside to take more pictures with the boys as I finish getting ready.

When everyone arrives and we're all ready, our moms take a million and 3 pictures before they let us go to the dance. We decide to walk, and by 'we' I mean Addie and Theo because apparently the wind would mess up their hair.

So you guys met 2 of the characters that are going to be in my next story!!! I can't wait to let you guys know what it is 😳

Make sure to vote and comment!!!