The Ghost of Your Past

This poem was actually inspired by my friend. Now, I'm not saying names and I don't blame her or anything. I was being ignored for a minute while my friend was talking to her brother and I was talking, and it just clicked. 

These are not my actual feelings about the situation, nor is it telling how it actually happened, she just inspired it and it clicked in my mind. 

I'm invisible. 

Like a ghost haunting the Earth. 

I am seen but overlooked. 

I am heard but ignored. 

I will be remembered as the literal ghost of someone's past. 

They can see me, but they're not looking.

They can hear me, but they're not listening. 

They see the outer shell, their expectations, but they don't see the real me beneath those layers. 

They hear the words pouring out of me, but they don't hear the meaning behind it. 

I am a ghost. 

To them, I am nonexistent. 

To them, I am neither alive nor dead. 

To them I am neither fake nor real, fiction or nonfiction, beloved or unloved. 

To them, I am simply a ghost. 

Written on February 5-6, 2021

*sighs* Love this aesthetic. 

I promise that it will get better, this was just some early stuff that I wrote for fun

I promise that it will get better, this was just some early stuff that I wrote for fun. There are a couple more meh poems, then there'll be some quotes and essays I wrote. Trust me, those will be much better quality than this! Again, awesome fanart I wanted to share, plus, Elena's a ghost so it's fitting in my opinion. 

Since my poems are so short, Imma include some fanart that I like! 

Love y'all!

Love, 

Hannah Elizabeth Rose