Chapter 26: Love Conquers All

Start from the beginning

Ares:....I won't be gone for long. I'll see you later, I promise.

The girl released another sigh of understanding, now that she knows what happened to her friend, she feels closer to him than she has ever before.

Asuna: Okay. Be careful.

He began to walk away and exited the room. Once no longer feeling his presence with her detection skill, she opened her menu and scrolled down her skill list. Once she reached what she was looking for, her finger hovered over a skill name <<Act of Love>>. Her eyes looked at the skill for a while until they shut and her hand closed the menu.

-TimeSkip-

The beater walked across the bridge that leads to an open field to see his trainer waving at him. Then the older man pulled out of the corner another player that wore a similar white KOB uniform. Upon closer inspection, it was revealed to be Kuradeel with a look full of shame. The beater in white walked up to them and looked at the trainer as if waiting for the joke to be told.

 The beater in white walked up to them and looked at the trainer as if waiting for the joke to be told

Ares:.....Seriously?

Godfree: From now on, we're all part of the same guild. I thought it would be a good time to move past this. I thought you two could bury the hatchet.

He began to hold back a laugh due to his main weapon attached to his back was a large hatchet. The beater turned to the player he fought a couple of days ago and watched as he bowed to him.

Kuradeel: I'm sorry about what happened. I will never act that way again, so please forgive me.

Ares:......Actions are louder than words. If you wish for my forgiveness, you'll have to earn it.

Kuradeel: I'll try my best to earn it then.

Godfree: Then, that's that. Today, I'd like to assess how you react to dangerous situations, so I'm taking your crystals.

Ares: Even my teleportation crystals?

The ginger-haired man nodded with a hum. The third-party member quickly gave him his crystals and the hatchet wielder waited for the beater to hand them over. Finally, the player pulled out his teleport and healing crystal he kept in his belt pouches.

Godfree: Right! Let's go, guys!

He said with enthusiasm, which only got a lazy pump in the air from the other two. The beater began to dislike the idea of a guild more and more.

-TimeSkip - 55th Floor - Canyon -