Chapter 22: Mission Failed

Začít od začátku

Still dark, the second figure lit a torch causing a minimum amount of light to spread through the cave. Finally, she was about to see who was her captor. Before her was the armored solo player of the frontlines, the God of War.

???: Oh, I see you're the beater from the assault team. If you could be so kind to please remove this paralysis, I was on my way to my way and must have been confused with someone else.

Ares:....

???: Did you hear me correctly?

Ares:.......I did.

???: Then you see this is just a misunderstanding.

Ares:....No, it's not.

???: I beg your pardon.

Ares:......Lux..... Spy for Laughing Coffin.

The girl didn't react physically but she was shaken internally. How did he know who she was?

Lux: I-I told you this is a misunderstanding. My cursor is green, I-I haven't hurt anyone!

Ares:....I may be a brute at times......But I can see a lair when I see one.

He moves her sleeve upwards to reveal a coffin-shaped insignia.

The smile the girl had dropped as he turned back to her. Her entire attitude changed as well.

Lux: So, how did you know?

Ares:....I know how to make people talk.

Lux: Hm, I bet you do.

Ares:... You're the one who's sent out the information about the assault team's plans.

Lux: That's my job. Nobody asks questions when you look like a forest elf, so they believe I'm an NPC, I can easily blend in and disappear.

Ares:.... A lot of people died because of your info.

Lux: I'm just doing what I'm told.

Ares:.... Why?

Lux: Because I owe them, they saved my life.