Chapter 14: No Place Like...

Começar do início

Ares:....It's nice here. A place you can only find in Aincrad.

Asuna: I agree, in the real world a place like this would be contaminated.

He nodded in agreement, this place may be a death trap, but you cannot deny its beauty.

Asuna: I think there's a dock to the left, that's our stop.

He nodded and began to turn the gondola to the left as per her instruction. They reach the dock and park the boat, they hop off and she once again led the way. The swordsman began to think of where they might be going, it was uncommon for Asuna to make a request and cancel exploring the higher floors.

Ares: May I ask for a hint of where we are going?

Asuna: Okay, it has to do with today.

Ares: Today? Is there a special in-game event happening on this side of town?

Asuna: Nope.

Ares: ...Does someone you know live here?

Asuna: Wrong again, you better stop guessing because we are nearly there, it will ruin the surprise.

He nodded and continued walking beside her without asking for more hints. After a couple of minutes, the chestnut-haired girl stops and he turns to look at what she is facing. In front of both of them was a house about 2 stories floors with a SOLD sign hanging beside it.

 In front of both of them was a house about 2 stories floors with a SOLD sign hanging beside it

Asuna: Surprise!

Ares: ...A house? Why did you bring me to see a house?

He asked in confusion. The "Sold" sign confused him even more, why would she bring him to a house somebody already lives there?

 The "Sold" sign confused him even more, why would she bring him to a house somebody already lives there?

Asuna: This is your birthday present, happy birthday Ares!

She handed him a key and he looked down at it. This took the player by surprise, he was so focused on clearing each floor and staying on high alert that he had forgotten what the date was.

Ares: My... birthday present.

Asuna: Yep, I bought this house for you. I couldn't think of anything we needed and it would be better if we have our own place to stay instead of spending money on inns constantly.