Chapter 13: Black Cats

Start from the beginning

Sachi: Thank you so much.

Kirito: It was nothing

Sachi: I was really scared, then when you all came and saved us, I was so happy.

As she finished, she started getting teary-eyed.

Asuna: It's fine, honest. We're glad that we were there in time as well.

Keita: Um, guys. I know this is rude to ask, but what level are you guys?

The trio then looks at their health bars and sees level 40-50, it is common knowledge that high ranked players are on the assault team, but with Kirito temporarily joining Ares and Asuna's party, they may take it the wrong way and think he's a beater too.

Ares: Level 20

Keita: That isn't too different than ours. You guys are an inspiration. It's amazing watching you three work together, you trio are awesome.

Kirito: We're not your superiors or anything. Plus, these two are a duo but I'm a solo player. Solo players just target isolated enemies. It isn't that efficient.

Keita: In that case, Kirito, what would you think about joining our guild? The only one we have who can occupy the vanguard is Tetsuo, a mace user. I'd planned to have Sachi switch to sword and shield use, so she could fight in the front. But she says that she isn't really sure how. Do you think you could show her the ropes?

Sachi: Don't talk about me like I'm useless. I can't go out and fight in the front rank. I'd be scared.

Keita: Just hide behind your shield. You've been a scaredy-cat since I can remember.

Asuna: You all seem so friendly and have a strong bond.

Keita: Everyone in our guild is from our school's PC Research Club. But don't worry, you'll fit right in. You two may join as well.

Asuna: Thank you but we prefer working as a duo. But I'm sure Kirito would love to join you.

The raven-haired boy looked to the side and seemed like he was doubting something.

Ares: ...Kirito, may I speak to you outside.

The boy looked to the armored player and the boys stood up and exited the inn.

Ares: ...I think it would be a good idea.

The ravenette had a look of surprise and had disbelief, his friend was telling him to join a guild. The guy who isn't in a guild was telling him to do what he isn't.

Kirito: I'm not sure, we just lied about our levels, what will happen once they find out. I may not be a beater, but I should also be categorized as one.

Ares: I understand, but Asuna was right. Being a solo player here will only take you so far, thankfully I am not alone anymore. But being around people like these will help you as much as you help them.

Kirito: I just don't want to hurt them.

Ares: ...A man who has something worth protecting will fight harder than one without. Will you let fear decide your actions?

Kirito:...No, I won't.

The armored man nodded and they entered the inn.

Asuna: You two okay?

Kirito: We are. Keita, I will accept your invitation, I'll join your guild.

The guild members cheered as they have gotten the swordsman to agree.