XI. Phoenix Alliance

Start from the beginning

Tommy sat on his bed with the book in his hands. This was going to be the last time he would write in the book before the war. He picked up the pen, or rather feather, and started writing with shaky hands while tears fell down his cheeks and stained the yellowish paper.

Dear Tubbo,

The war is.. No, Zane is almost here with his army. The Phoenix Alliance is here, but we're still not sure if we can win this fight. This is the last night before the war and everyone is preparing. The children and their parents were sent away yesterday and I already miss Levin, Malachi and Zoey.

I'm really worried because I heard Aphmau and Laurance talk about a traitor.. It reminds me of L'manberg when Eret betrayed us and we all lost canon lives. I really don't want someone to set us a horrible trap that will lead to Phoenix Drop's fall..

But Phoenix Drop is nothing like L'manberg! Phoenix Drop is way more stronger than L'manberg was! Our Lord is strong and smart, she knows exactly what is best for the village! We even have many strong guards including Laurance and Dante. Garroth is strong too, but I'm not sure if he's able to fight.. We also have strong walls around the village, stronger than L'manberg's!

Also we have many strong guards from other villages that are part of Phoenix Alliance. We are really not going to let Phoenix Drop fall!

I don't know what will happen after the war. I don't even know if I will survive, I hope I will, but we'll never know what will happen. But if I die... Tubbo I love you, your my brother, my best friend! I hope we got a chance to see each other again, but I guess it won't happen. I try my best to make it through this storm alive! Until the day we see again!

Sincerely, your Tommy.

Tommy stared at the book with teary eyes. He knew Tubbo was never going to see the letters, but he liked to pretend like that wasn't true.

He decided he wanted to take the book with him put it to his inventory next to some other important items including Your Tubbo -compass, How To Sex 2 -book and a red toy block Levin had given him before the ship left. Also Aphmau had given him a necklace that had a small silver Mjölnir in a silver chain. If something went wrong, those items would remind him of his family and everything he loved.

He stood up and was about to walk out of the room, but he noticed something behind his bed. Reaching out for the item he realized it was a little package Cadenza had given him, but he had forgotten to open it.

Slowly he opened the package and realized the was a bandana. It was L'manberg's flag and on the other end was a short white area where was Lady Irene's symbol.

I smiled and whispered a silent thank you to Cadenza. I wrapped the bandana tightly around my wrist making sure it wouldn't fall off in the war.

I glanced at my room once more smiling sadly before walking out of the room. He walked to the barn where everyone was staying.

"Tommy, come here!" Aphmau called him outside the barn.

Tommy walked outside and followed his mother to the lake next to the barn. They both sat down and looked at the lake that led to the ocean.

"I had a dolphin named Flipper, he lived in this lake. Now he's free in the ocean," Aphmau smiled sadly.

"I remember him and many other animals Kiki had here," Tommy hummed quietly.

"Yeah, now Kiki let them all free to protect them from the war," Aphmau spoke softly.

"She really knows what's the best for the animals," Tommy answered.

"There is a reason I wanted to see you," Aphmau changed the subject suddenly and turned to look at Tommy.

"Alright, what did you want to talk about?" Tommy asked curiously.

"Me and Laurance had a small talk last night. And we've both come to the decision that it's time for you to become an actual guard of Phoenix Drop!" Aphmau smiled. She looked so proud of him.

"Really?! Are you serious?" Tommy exclaimed. He was really shocked, but also really happy.

"I'm dead serious. You're now a real guard!" Aphmau smiled proudly.

"Thank you so much mum! I won't let you down! You'll be proud of me and I'll make sure of that!" Tommy exclaimed smiling brightly.

"I'll always be proud of you! You're my son after all, no matter what!" Aphmau smiled and wrapped her arms around the blonde.

"You are the best mum anyone would want," Tommy smiled hugging her back.

"Thank you Tommy. That really means a lot to me!" Aphmau smiled. "Promise me you'll survive the war, please?" She asked softly eyes full of worry.

"You know that I can't exactly promise that, but I will try my best to stay alive," Tommy spoke quietly.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright! We won't let Phoenix Drop fall! It'll be alright!" Aphmau spoke softly in a caring tone.

"I believe in you mum! I believe you can protect your village and everyone here!" Tommy smiled.

"Thank you Tommy. Please remember that whatever happens, I will always love you!" Aphmau smiled pressing a motherly kiss on top of her son's forehead.

The enemy was almost at their gates... The war would begin soon..

Words: 1515