17. Sharing his thoughts

Start from the beginning

We both are from the typical middle class family and I know the importance of money. I can understand why these thoughts bothering him because he wants to support his father financially. But the main thing is, his family is supporting him to achieve his dream so he should not let any other thoughts come into his mind.

"I can understand what is going inside your mind. To be an IAS officer, it requires time and patience. It's not an easy task but you know that from the start but still you choose this as your carrier. You can join Indian army any time. If not NDA then you can join the army through CDS, after graduation. But atleast give a try to your dreams. I know you want to support uncle financially but they have believe in you that one day you definitely achieve your dream. Don't let any other thoughts come into your mind. Many things come between you and your dream but don't make them loose your confidence. Believe yourself because there is someone who believes in you more than you and pray for you every day." I said while looking at him and he was already looking at me.

To join an Indian army is a proud moment for every indian. I don't know much about the army entrance exam but once I heard Arun bhiya and papa talking about the exams then I came to know about the CDS exam and NDA exam.

He was looking at me with so much intensity like I said something which he wants to hear from someone. I don't know if he understands or not but I indirectly told him that I belive in him and pray for him every day.

My heart was beating fast in nervousness of thinking that he might take my advice wrong and get angry with me. I can handle everyone's anger but not him. I can't afford if he stop talking to me our often conversation.

No one takes my advices seriously, sometimes I got scold from my family for my immature advices, so I stop giving advices but I don't want, Dhruv feel low because he was stuck between the carrier option. If my immature advice can help him then I would love to give him again and again.

His lips curl into a beautiful smile and my heart relax seeing that smile on his face. But soon his smile wipe off from his face when his eyes fell on my hands. I also looked down at my hands when I feel his touch on me. He firmly hold my hand on my lap and looked at his red nails marks on my skin. I looked at him when he took my hands from my lap and looked at them with care and concern. But I can also see guilt in his eyes.

"I am sorry. I got lost and hurt you unintentionally." He said in his guilt fill voice and make a soft circle on my right hand while caressing it lovingly.

My chest felt heavy when I saw concern in his eyes. This the first time who is showing concern to my wounds. His small gesture means alot to me.

"As you said, it was unintentional." I said softly while giving him a soft smile.

"I ruin our dance." He said while tightening his grip on my hand and looked at our joint hands with guilt.

"But I enjoy every moment of it." He raised his eyelids and looked at me when I said while putting my hand on him and gave him a assuring smile.

He relax under my touch and beautiful smile curled up on his lips.

"Wait. I'll bring the ointment for you." He got up from the bench and before he could walk, I stop him and stood up.

"Don't worry...I will apply it later."

"You sure..?" He asked and I nodded my head in assurance.

We both walked till the railing and looked at the full moon shining in the sky and twinkling stars. Cold wind blowing our hairs and the calmness in the environment giving a different kind of warmth on my heart. Butterflies dancing inside my stomach that today Dhruv share something important to me and I was able to give him usefull advice.