Ch-7 If You Remember

Start from the beginning

She touched his shoulder and he winced.

"You are hurt?"

"No, it's nothing."

"Don't lie, Ang. Remove your Kurta."

"There is no need for that."

"Are you going to remove it or I bring scissors?"

He defeatedly got up and removed his Kurta. She gasped as his back was covered with bandages.

"You are severely injured. You shouldn't have come here, you need rest."

"That's exactly why I came here. I need rest."

He again laid on his stomach. She covered him with duvet and moved to her side of bed.

His discomfort was evident on his face. His eyes were looking at infinity.

"Is it hurting badly?" She asked in concerned tone.

"I am used to it."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not new to me, Chanda."

"Means you were injured in the past?"

"Yeah, it's quite normal."

"Tell me exactly how you got injured?"

"Men of opposition party attacked me."

"Why!?"

"Because I am minister's son."

"Being minister's son is a crime?"

"A kind of. Because then it becomes fate that someday the person will be one of those sinners in the disguise of saints."

"But you are not one of them?"

"I will be someday. Doesn't matter if I want it or not."

She caressed his silky dark brown hair.

"Try to sleep, Ang."

Her fingers were making him drowsy. She kept doing it repeatedly. It worked as a lullaby to him. And he was engulfed into a deep slumber. She at last fell asleep, her fingers still caressing his silky hair.

Next morning she woke up to find Angraj still sleeping.

She moved out of bed to start the day.

It was one'o clock in the afternoon when Angraj opened his eyes. Chandni was sitting at her side of bed while reading a book.

"Good afternoon, sleepyhead."

"Good afternoon." He greeted back lazily. But then he just recalled his words.
"Afternoon? I slept this long?"

"Hardly twelve hours."

"I need to leave. I am already late."

"Don't you dare move! Rest for some more time. You are injured, if you remember."

"I told you it's not new to me, if you remember."

"You were terribly in pain last night, if you remember."

"Night has ended hours ago, if you remember."

"But your pain hasn't, if you remember."

"Enduring pain is habitual to me, if you remember."

"That's the thing I don't want to remember. I wish I could hide you somewhere."

"Hiding isn't a solution for my troubles. Stop sympathizing me."

"If you were a girl and I were a guy then I would have taken you far away from this town forever. And would have done anything to keep you happy."

"Then what makes the difference now?"

"I am not a guy neither you are a girl. I can't do anything about it, even if I profoundly want it to happen."

"Your presence is enough for me. Whenever I am with you I just forget the hullabaloo going on in my life."

His words were doing something to her.
"You were late for something, if you remember."

"You said to rest, if you remember."

"This is a Kotha, if you remember."

"And you are my only comfort, if you remember."

A blush crept on her cheeks.

Their bond was so pure. Something very rare to this materialistic world.
For today's generation love equals to lust. They were never taught the difference between these polar opposite feelings. True love has became an illusion. And lust has been tagged as love.

However, true love still exists in the hearts similar to the ones that Angraj and Chandni possessed, if you remember.

☆☆☆
Next chapter will have a big twist. So be ready to read a very unique and fresh and ORIGINAL twist.

I am excited!