Too good to be true!

I spent the rest of the day in Nezu's office. He tried to get me to talk to him but I refused telling him what happened. It wasn't a matter of pride or because I felt uncomfortable talking about it, no, I was scared that he would leave me like my family, that he would treat me like everyone else once he finds out how useless I am. Aizawa was nice but with him I felt like he was only doing it because he was a hero. Nezu was a hero too but I knew that he is treated like an animal and not with the respect he deserved.

It felt nice to play a game of chess with him and not needing to hide my intelligence. For one I could be just me!

Me: Check mate!

We were playing the whole time since I woke up. One game takes us about 2 -3 hours and it was already 6 p.m.. Out of the four games we played, I won three of them and this time wasn't any different. I had a feeling that he was letting me win. We began resetting the chessboard when someone knocked on the door.

Nezu: Come in.

Aizawa entered the room.

Aizawa: I came to get Midoriya.

Me? why?

I must have clearly looked confused because he then began explaining it.

Aizawa: Kid, you are not gonna go back. Not after I found you that way.

Nezu: From now on, you are staying with him or me.

Huh?

Can someone please explain what is going on!!

Why would you want me?!

I am completely useless and a bother to everyone!

Aizawa: Half of the week, you are staying with me the other half with him. There will be one of us with you the whole time to ensure you don't do anything to yourself.

HUH?!

When did they come up with something like that?

Can't they just respect my wish to die?

Nezu: From today onward, you are in UA's custody.

SAY WHAT NOW?!

Am I in the wrong place right now?

Am I even sane?

Is this really happening?!

Me: I-uh-what?

Aizawa: *Sigh* Didn't you tell him anything?

Nezu: We were playing a game of chess until now. It completely slipped my mind.

Slipped your mind, my ass!

Look how amused you are just by looking at my confused face. Beside you are way too intelligent to forget something like that!

What is this some kind of big reveal?

Why did nobody ask me if I wanted to?

Aizawa: One week after we found you, Nezu came up with the idea of adopting you and immediately filled out all the necessary paper. Since he is technically an animal he is not allowed to adopt you so instead, I am your legal guardian and he has partial guardianship over you.

Me: ... okay... then why did you say earlier that I was in UA's custody?

Nezu: Sharp as ever! Since Aizawa already has an adopted son and he and his husband can't be around you the whole time, they still are pro-hero after all and they have their own patrol shifts, you will be staying with me and with that I mean you will be staying in UA! Thus UA's custody.