Breathe!

Eraserhead POV:

It was 6 p.m. and I expected a call from Midoriya. All I wanted to, is to make sure that the boy was still alive. Something in my mind didn't let me forget about him and it was urging me to protect the child I never saw before that day he wanted to commit.

From the last call I could tell that I messed up with my answer. From what he asked me I was pretty sure he had a villainous quirk and was either to afraid to use it or hate it. However asking me if someone like that could be a hero was something I didn't expect. Normally I would say yes but a hero refusing to use his quirk was simply absurd and in my opinion didn't deserve the title hero. I was honest with the kid but I instantly regretted my honest. If I only lied maybe, he wouldn't have sounded so emotionless and dead.

By the outcome of our last call I was afraid he did it again and asked my friend detective Tsukauchi to get me his address. The man did ask me why I wanted it but after explaining what the kid did he gave it to me immediately.

I was thinking how I should have answered his question differently and how I should have been more careful but the truth was I was exhausted that day and I didn't expect him to call at all! I thought it was some kind of parent from my students and complaining again about my teaching methods.

Guilt was eating at me form the inside. If the kid really killed himself after what I told him to do, then I wouldn't know how to live with myself anymore. What kind of hero would I be? A kid died because of a hero that is certainly something the media would love to put their hands on!

I was sitting in the living room with my husband and waiting for the kid to call again.

Me: I shouldn't have been so brutal honest with the kid.

Zashi: Don't beat yourself up Sho! You did what you though was best for him.

My phone rang and I immediately picked it up and put him on speaker for Zashi to hear him too. I was honesty relived to hear my phone ring. It was the first time in my live to answer it so quickly too.

Me: Hello, Midoriya.

Midoriya: Hello, Eraserhead.

I could tell that he was tired from his voice.

Me: ...

Zashi (whispering): You need to do some kind of small talk Sho!

Midoriya: ...

Eraserhead: Someone told me to do some small talks but I will be honest with you kid, I am not someone who talks much or is even good at small talks.

I saw Hizashi face palming himself from the corner of my eyes.

Midoriya: That's ok. I am busy anyways.

Me: What are you doing?

That got my curiosity. If there was anything that kid loved to do maybe, I could get him to enjoy life again! This was a chance I couldn't miss!

Midoriya: Playing with knots...

That doesn't sound good at all!

I looked at my husband and he looked as white as a ghost because of the kids respond.

Zashi (whispering): You don't think he is...

I only nodded to him. I was convinced that the boy on the other side of the line was ready to hang himself.

Me (whispering): Get the car ready and ask Tsukauchi for help!

Me: If that calms your mind than go ahead you can still talk to me while you do that right?