Chapter 20 - Reaching for what's mine

After leaving Aban's house the next day, I ran back home, since I had no other form of getting there and no way in fucking hell would I let that bitch of a witch teleport me there again, hell to the fucking nah! Did I feel better? Not really and at the same time yes. I did feel better because Aban made me see that Jasper and my family and friends did not hate me just because of this fucking situation. My mate was falling for me and I....yeah m-me too, but I was just happy to know that we could be ok, that this fight and me trying to make everything right and difficult at the same time wasn't going to kill us...

But I didn't feel much better because it didn't offer a solution. I wanted to be with Jasper, I did and I also wanted to stay with my pack, but at the moment those two just weren't able to get together. I still couldn't find a way out of this fucked up situation and that was shit, you know? Jasper had answered my text last night, saying that he was glad that I was safe and he was so very sorry about everything. He said that I should take as much time as I needed and that he understood that this was difficult for me. 

And this morning I had quickly texted back, that I really was just under a lot of stress to make both him and my pack happy, but that I wasn't mad at him and we should meet soon, since today Asher wanted us to meet in the main hall and my parents came back last night so...fucking yay I guess. Fuck...I hated those old idiots so fucking much and they hadn't even done anything specifically wrong. I mean they fucked up so so much over the years, Cecilia and I had our reasons for hating them like the plague, but it wasn't like they had kept us in cages or molested us or something...But I still had a right to hate them and be pissed about them coming back to the pack today after I had this rollercoaster of a night yesterday. It was all just a little too much for one day.

But when I came home and called "I'm home!", they didn't answer me, so I suppose they already had enough of me and my sibling without even greeting us. When I heard something in the living room I walked in there, seeing Cecilia sitting on the couch with a bowl of soup in her lap as she was watching "How to get away with Murder". I still didn't know if she was comfortable with seeing me right now or not and so I awkwardly put my hands in my pockets, saying "Hey..."

"Hey" Cecilia just casually said, before scooting to the side of the couch, which was always a sign for me to take a seat. Really?? She wanted me to sit with her! Well I wouldn't say no to that! "They are already out greeting other people, can you believe it? I don't think they missed us at all, but I didn't think so in the first place" Cecilia chuckled as I took my seat and when I just hummed in agreement, she reached forward where a second bowl stood, handing it to me, without looking away from the TV. Oh fuck I loved soup. "How was it at Jasper's? Did you guys finally fuck?" Cecilia asked and I groaned at her question. She wanted to know too much about my life if you ask me. But then again she wanted to know something about me and Jasper! And so I went with it. 

"No we didn't fuck, though Rush and Cyrus almost did, fucking hell they destroyed the place. Anyway, it was...fine. I mean we had a pretty big fight yesterday and I kind of ran away and ah fuck...I don't know, I just feel like I'm fucking up left and right even though it really really isn't my intention" I said and now Cecilia glanced at me, as she was gulping down some of the soup. Her expression wasn't readable to me, but when she gave me her attention it was usually a good sign. 

"I know...you never do. I think Jasper knows that as well, at least he should by now. Well, you two need to work things out, but for now finish your soup and then change, because you stink and we have to go to the main hall already, I wanna ask Asher what this meeting is all about" Cecilia said and at that I looked up, frowning. "Wait...you also don't know what it's about??" I asked and Cecilia shook her head, as she kept slurping on the soup. "Nope. He says it's a surprise, so come on let's go and interrogate him, because I fucking hate surprises" she said and I leaned back, reluctantly eating my soup.