Chapter 19 - Lost and found

Fuck...Fuck fuck fuck t-this was all so fucked! I was fucked up, the world was fucked up, it was all just...Fuck!! I kicked against a tree with my leg, yelping when it hurt a little more than I had anticipated. Ah great...should have known. My body was tired, my brain and heart were a mess and I was just very exhausted. After having ran out on Jasper like that, I didn't know where to go, I couldn't really go home right now when I was this much of a mess and so I had ran into the woods, covering my scent in case Jasper was trying to find me, because I could not deal with him right now. My mind was all over the place, I just couldn't concentrate and I-I-

Suddenly my face hit something solid, but it was more like jelly, like a giant gummy bear had suddenly appeared right in front of me in the middle of the fucking forest and me in my wolf form fell backwards, shaking my head before opening my eyes. Wait...huh? I looked up but I just looked into the big dark blue eyes of a creature, that I at first didn't recognise and that made me yelp out, as I took a step back, quickly shifting back into my human form. But when I looked up at the person that was staring down at me with a curios look on their face, I had to frown in confusion. 

"Aban?" I asked, looking up at the witch from Jasper's pack, who had their bottom lip pressed forward, as they examined me in my current position. I was sitting on the dirty ground of the forest on my ass, panting from having run away like that and from all the emotional stress I was feeling. I didn't know how far away from the pack I was and why Aban was here, but they suddenly took a step towards me, laying a hand on my forehead and I was confused, flinching a little, but I didn't duck away. It was weird feeling them against me, since they weren't in their solid form but half half I would say, so it was like I imagine a cloud touching you felt like, but just a little more solid, so maybe a pillow? I don't know, it was very new to me, but when their skin touched mine, I could concentrate on only that and...well not calm down but breath for a fucking second. 

Aban closed their eyes and just focussed on their hand on my forehead and I watched them do...whatever it was that they were doing. After a few seconds, they leaned back, looking down at me. I didn't really read any emotions from their face, especially since the last time they ran into me, they told me that I better have a mark on my neck the next time we would meet and right now, I was lightyears away from that. I might have actually fucked that one up for good...fuck. But when Aban slowly turned themselves into their solid, human-like form in front of me and offered me their hand to help me stand up, I was even more confused. 

"Come on. You can stay at my place for the night little wolf. I would rather have the future lunar of the pack I'm living in be safe than run around and possibly get eaten by rouges. Don't worry I won't tell Jasper about your whereabouts piccolo. Come on now, I won't be standing here all day" Aban said still holding out their hand and I was surprised that they knew that I needed a place to stay for the night and that I didn't want Jasper to find out about where I would be. But then again, they were a witch so...that was probably the forehead thingy they had done or something. 

Now, normally I did not trust witches very much. They could be very evil and especially didn't like us wolves very much, but Aban had Jasper's approval and they seemed like a trustworthy character. And I actually had nowhere else to go right now. Because things were still fucked with my sister and I just wasn't ready to return to my pack, the other part of the two things I had to balance and both fucked up now with having that fight with Jasper. I knew that he didn't really mean it, that he just said that I was stupid in the heat of the moment, but it was a fucking immense insecurity of mine and I had already spiralled down into a breakdown or well maybe even a panic attack and so I just had to get away from the mess that I had created. 

I reached for Aban's hand and they helped me stand up. "Ever teleported before?" they asked and I reluctantly shook my head, because no, I hadn't done so and that sounded a little scary to be honest, but if that was the way to get to their home without getting caught my Jasper...well I would do it. "Then hold on tight Piccolo!" Aban smiled and I got ahold of their arm, closing my eyes, because I had seen people do so in movies, so it was kind of logical to me and suddenly the world started spinning, like we were in a fucking tornado or something! I didn't know where up and where down was, it was like my brain was getting pushed through my entire body and my organs were exchanging places, fucking hell what was this??