Chapter 16 - Losing Family

I followed Lynns advice and gave my sister her space, but it was damn hard when you live in one house. I knew that she didn't want to see me and so, when the dinner got suddenly interrupted by Riley going into fucking heat, I helped Asher take care of him and then just sat in the forest by the waterfall I used to hide at when my parents and Asher's dad would pressure me to train even more even though I was only eight years old. I mean, they were way harder on Asher, but it still wasn't easy for me either. But yeah, I sat there and gave Cecilia her space, which worked pretty well, since in the morning I met with Asher again and helped him prepare for the heat until he and Riley threw me out to fuck...that was hella awkward oh my lord! 

I was just happy that I wouldn't go into heat, can you imagine that?? Or I mean...would I? It was very unclear after last night what was possible and what wasn't, the elders weren't very clear about who exactly goes into heat, since Asher wasn't feeling anything, just around Riley who was burning alive in hornyness. But oh lord can you imagine me and Jasper in heat? Oh fuck, that would be a shitshow, no thank you. I already had enough on my hands as it is....

So I sat in front of the packhouse, feeling like absolute shit. I hadn't slept all night and Cecilia wasn't answering any of my texts about if she was ok, so...should I even go home tonight? I mean, it was ok, I would just sit in front of the packhouse again, watching it and making sure nobody entered it, even though there was no real threat. But it gave me something to do and didn't make me feel like the absolute douchebag that I was. I mean, of course I didn't have to tell Cecilia everything, it wasn't my responsibility to do so, but yes I could very much understand why she felt betrayed, since I didn't trust her, but Lynton. We were twins, of course I trusted her but....it just wasn't that easy. 

"Hey there....h-have you talked to Cecilia?" Lynton, who walked up to my, asked, looking nervous. He was probably feeling very bad, since it seemed like me having opened up to him was the whole problem, but he really wasn't at fault here. I had needed some advice and Lynton had given that to me. He had helped me in a time when my own head, my overthinking and the stress I was feeling was basically killing me. I was thankful that he had been there for me, so he definitely shouldn't feel bad for simply being a good friend. 

I sighed, standing up and showing him a weak smile. "No, she hasn't responded to any of my texts and I'm trying to give her some space, so I don't want to just run into her at home...but hey, it's fine" I said and Lynton looked worried. "So you haven't been home since last night?" he asked. Ah, the little guy was smart. Well, he was right, but by the way he was looking at me, I had to nervously scratch the back of my neck, since all of this didn't really scream: I'm alright. Like, at all. But again, he really shouldn't worry. 

"Uhm yeah, but I mean, it was just one night and I had my hands full with these two anyway" I said, pointing behind me at the packhouse, where Asher and Riley were probably banging their brains out. Lynton released a small chuckle, but that worried look on his face didn't really leave. I mean it was true, I had to take care of my alpha and luna, that wasn't a lie, but yes, maybe I could have gone for a quick nap earlier this morning...Oh man, why was all of this so fucked. I had to meet Cecilia sooner or later anyway, because I had to beg her to not tell our parents once they would get home on Monday, that would not be good. Yeah, they would probably be so against my mating, they'd want to kill my ass, but I didn't give a fuck, I just didn't need that kind of stress right now. 

"Why didn't y-you go to Jasper?" Lynton asked and I was a little surprised by that suggestion. Oh...Oh yeah I-I mean...that was a good idea. I don't know, it wasn't like I had forgotten about Jasper, but I just didn't want to be a bother. I knew that he would say, that I wasn't, but still, he had his own stuff to do, he couldn't always pick me up when I needed it. "Oh...well I guess I didn't want him to have to clean up my mess...I mean, I can do it myself" I shrugged and Lynton smiled at me weakly.