Chapter 11 - Two on two

"Don't get all cocky with me just cause I was the one who texted first" I said, rolling my eyes at Jasper, who stood in front of a fucking limo a little down the road from the pack. He was leaning against it and was wearing a black suit, which did fit him very...very neatly you could say, but fucking christ this was so over the top. Yes I had been the one to text him first this time and that was all thanks to Lynton. Ok that sounds condescending as fuck, I was actually glad that that little guy brought me to do this, really. Talking to him had helped me see that...maybe there really was a way for me to have my mate and not reject him. Maybe this could work out...And I wouldn't get hurt.

Lynton had been right. Neither Asher nor Jasper, even though we hardly really knew each other, wanted to hurt me and for that start a war. They wouldn't until it was absolutely necessary. Of course that was not ensured forever, but for now it was reason enough to not throw myself into a fucking heartbreak, that might as well kill me. It was a scary step and I was still a bit reluctant about it, because...well the heartbreak that would come if I would allow this mating to continue and to deepen and then it would shatter for some reason, that would definitely kill me at least mentally I-I just...fuck. It was a scary situation, ok? 

So yes, I was the one who had texted Jasper first, asking him if he was free sometime soon, so we could meet up and spend some time together. Well I may have not put it that nicely and just wrote: Sup, let's hang....So uncool, I know I know. But Jasper immediately responded. He had kept his distance since the...uhm the...you know the kiss and shit. Yeah, he probably thought after I had sobered up completely I was so spooked that I might just go and hide again, but after I had made the first move now and texted him, he apparently thought he could go all out or whatever. 

Jasper chuckled, pushing himself away from the vehicle and taking a step towards me. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. Can I hug you?" he asked, walking towards me. God fucking damn it did he look good all of the sudden. Did he always look this good? Ah fuck. I cleared my throat a little awkwardly, before I nodded, letting him gently wrap his arms around me, pulling me close and I held him too, the now almost familiar but still fucking exciting and overwhelming sensation of having my mate so close overtake me. 

"Uh you could have also...you know uhm...done more or whatever" I mumbled against him, tensing up a little, because being open and vulnerable, especially with Jasper, was not one of my strongest traits, ever. Yeah I-....I wasn't opposed to like...kissing him again and I felt Rush doing flips in my mind just thinking about this, especially when our mate was this close, but he just had to settle down for fucks sake, it wasn't like he was making a move anyway. I pulled away, because I wanted to get away from here, even if it wouldn't be the biggest tragedy if somebody of the pack saw this. I still wanted to keep this a secret, especially from Cecilia, but to be honest, I didn't even think about her in that very moment. 

But when I was pulling away, ready to let go of Jasper again to drive to his house, because that was basically the only bit of privacy we could have, except for a hotel and that was just too over the top to just hang out, suddenly Jasper's hand found my neck and he pulled me close, pressing his lips against mine. To say I was surprised was an understatement, but that big shock quickly faded, when the electric shocks ran through mine and his body, connecting us and god fucking damn it did it feel good! I had almost forgotten just how good it felt! Almost. When Jasper pulled away, I was so desperate for that feeling, that I wouldn't let go, but when I did, he smiled at me. 

"I've been wanting to do this since I had to let you go...thank you for wanting to spend some time with me tonight" Jasper smiled at me, his hand going through my black hair and I ducked away, clearing my throat, because I had to toughen up again here, this bitch was getting cheeky with me! "You don't have to thank me every time Jasper, it's fucking embarrassing. Let's go before somebody sees us" I said, fixing my jacket and walking over to the limousine, opening the door and holding it as Jasper still stood there, looking at me with a surprised and amused smile on his lips.