🦁 18 🦁

"taeyong? are you listening to me?"

the korean male woke up of his trance, meeting eyes with a confused jaehyun.

"huh..." he replied, trying to remember what jaehyun's speech was about, but to no avail.

"what were you thinking about?"

taeyong's eyes wandered once more towards the cause of his daydream.

his best friend was sitting a few tables away from them, hot tears falling out of his eyes while he told sicheng something.

"nothing." he said immediately, looking into jaehyun's deep brown eyes.

"what is there behind me?" jaehyung raised a brow, looking over his shoulder.

"no, no! it's- "

"wait, isn't that ten crying over there?" jaehyun cut him mid-sentence.

"...nothing." taeyong finished his sentence anyway, his eyes glancing at ten's table.

"should we...?" jaehyun asked with a head motion towards the thai male, indicating he wanted to go and help the crying boy.

"huh... i don't think that it's a good idea."

jaaehyun furrowed his brows, facing taeyong fully again.

"what do you mean?"

"well..." taeyong scratched his head nervously. "we're not on the best terms at the moment. since... you know?"

jaehyun nodded. taeyong had told him everything a week ago.

"but... hadn't you said that it was alright now?" jaehyun questioned, repeating taeyong's words a few days prior.

taeyong clenched his jaw, feeling as if he had been caught in a lie – which he had been.

"i didn't want you to worry about this..." taeyong replied honestly.

"taeyong, this guy over here is your best friend."

"well..."

"tae." jaehyun cut him. "you told me ten and you have been glued by the hip since years. it's not a small argument that will break you apart. you need to stay strong and be here for each other. a friendship bond is unbreakable, no matter the fights and disagreements. and i'm sure yours is too. you absolutely need to solve this problem now. and it's even more important considering that the talent show is a week away."

taeyong stayed silent for a moment, his eyes never leaving ten.

"a-are you sure?"

"i am." jaehyun replied. "you need to apologise and forget about this fight."

"when?"

"now."

taeyong widened his eyes.

"now?!"

"the sonner, the better. look, he's leaving." the singer said, noticing that ten was leaving his table. "follow him and apologize. we'll meet later."

taeyong didn't hesitate for long before standing up and following ten's frail body to the bathroom.

he let his best friend enter first, hesitating one more second before deciding to enter.

he could hear ten's sobs from the outside, and that's what made him enter.

ten was crying loudly, standing in front of the sinks, his hands covering his face, and his sobs masking any other sounds.

taeyong stepped behind the boy, being completely broken by the sight he was witnessing.

he slowly wrapped his arms around the other's body, pressing their muscular bodies together, and inhaling the scent he had missed so much.

"i told you i could go to the bathroom on my own sicheng..." ten spoke, his voice hoarse because of his sobbing.

taeyong gulped, hoping his reaction wouldn't be so bad.

"good thing you didn't tell me then." he replied.

ten's sobs stopped immediately, surely because of the surprise.

he uncovered his eyes, looking into the bathroom's glass to find taeyong standing behind him, his arms around his body. he turned around in taeyong's embrace, facing the korean before sobbing loudly again.

he rested his forehead on taeyong's chest, his tiny hands forming fists and trying to hit the other boy, but failing miserably to do so.

"ten, calm down..." taeyong whispered, caressing the smaller boy's hair.

"y-you h-have n-no right t-to tell m-me that..." ten said with difficulty.

"ten, i am sorry for everything i told you. i shouldn't have said any of those mean things. i was so stressed about the talent show, and tired, and i couldn't think about what i was saying properly. i am truly sorry for everything i said."

ten continued sobbing.

"i-i... y-you..."

"ten, look at me."

taeyong put a hand on each side of ten's head, pulling it out of his chest, and approaching it from his own face, so that the two boys could stare at each other's eyes forever.

"ten, you are the best dancer here. i know it, you know it, everybody knows it. what i said was complete bullshit. singing and dancing at the same time isn't something easy, and you do it so well. of course, sometime you make mistakes, but that's only because god doesn't want his creating to be better than him. but you are, ten. you are better than anyone out there." taeyong spoke slowly and sincerely.

this only made ten sob harder. he tried lowering his head again, but taeyong held it firmly so make their eye contact last.

"ten, i am aware i should be buried alive for all the profanities i told you. i don't deserve such a perfect being as you. but i can't live without you. i am sincerely sorry ten. i am sorry for everything i said and did these past days. my mind was clouded with stress, and i couldn't think properly. but now i know what i want, and i know what i need."

"w-what is i-it?" ten managed to let out.

taeyong blinked once, his eyes becoming glossy at the thought of rejection from ten.

"i need my best friend back."

and so, ten jumped in taeyong's arms, his sobs deafening the room, and his limbs holding taeyong tighter than ever. but taeyong didn't care if ten was holding him too tight, and sobbing too loud. he was just so happy that ten had mumbled 'i do too' before breaking down in sobs again.