🦁 17 🦁

"i don't know what to do anymore..." sicheng sighed, his head leaning on the back rest of his armchair.

seeing his owner stressing himself this much, kun walked to him in his dog form and jumped on his lap before snuggling his muzzle in the crook of sicheng's neck.

sicheng circled his arms around kun, resting his chin on the dog's head.

"their relationship is stressing me more than it should..." he spoke, thinking about the many conversations he had had with ten and taeyong. "i had a talk with taeyong a week ago, and since then, his relationship with ten seemed to get even worst. ten told me yesterday that he came back to their apartment late at night, and that he tried to avoid ten as much as he could. they're going to fail their talent show because of that shit..."

kun growled, signalling he was listeningto the human's speaking.

he completely agreed with his owner.

he could see their relationship affecting yuta.

yuta was a fragile person.

sure, kun had known ten for years, and he knew that ten was someone fragile, but compared to him, yuta would be the thinnest layer of ice covering a lake because of a cold autumn day... so peaceful and beautiful when complete, so easy to break, and sadly cold when broken...

and since ten and taeyong's fight, yuta had been more than left out.

first, he didn't receive attention from taeyong who seemed to be more often out of the house than inside, to ten who was too depressed – or stressed – to have any kind of contact with the outside world.

"i had another talk with ten yesterday. i told him that they needed to make up. they can't live like this. they are completely killing yuta, they are completely killing themselves, and they are completely killing their performance for the show! they have their performance in a week for god's sake! it's not the time to hold a grudge about someone because of something he said!"

sicheng ended up yelling louder than he expected, but kun couldn't blame him. the current situation was very stressing for him as well. sicheng and kun were acting like the only reasonable humans – or hybrids – out there, willing to help them overcome their problems.

"he said that he would apologize today." sicheng started again, much calmer this time. "i don't think he'll do it."

kun lifted his head from sicheng's chest, as if to ask why sicheng was thinking that way.

"think about it... he has always been a coward. lovely guy, but coward... and sassy... and bitchy... and prideful... and..." sicheng paused, looking at his ceiling for a few seconds. "he's ten. he's taeyong's best friend. that's just how he is defined. i tried my best to have them making up, but i can't be sure they'll do it, sadly..."

🦁

ten was sitting at the dinner table, his empty plate still waiting to be carried to the dishwasher.