🦁 8 🦁

finally, the weekend had arrived.

finally, ten and taeyong could breathe, not having the pressure of their teachers on their backs.

finally, they could pass some good time with their baby hybrid.

yuta's lion form kept growing.

he was now almost as big as a real lion would be, with an impressive mane. but his human form had stayed the same: a cute yet hot boy that acted like a five-year-old.

not that ten and taeyong minded. it made yuta even cuter.

taeyong and ten had agreed with sicheng to meet at the parc so that their hybrids could play together, and so that the two best friends could spend some time with a good friend of theirs.

so, that's what they were doing at the moment.

kun and yuta were playing in their animal form, while the three humans were discussing peacefully on a nearby bench.

people often stopped to look at yuta, because lions aren't usually the types of hybrids you find in cities.

and yuta seemed to like the attention he was receiving as he posed every time somebody pulled a phone out to take a picture of him. 

"he grew up well." sicheng noted, looking at the beautiful lion jumping around his hybrid.

"very well." ten smiled.

"i think we found some kind of rare pearl." taeyong told.

"every hybrid is a rare pearl. when you adopt one, you think that you chose the hybrid, but in fact, the hybrid chooses you. it's fate."

"you're lame, sicheng." ten commented, earning a slap on the head.

"is he always like this?" sicheng asked taeyong.

"sadly... yes." taeyong replied.

"hey! i'm not!"

"you're always like that with me, so it's hard to believe you aren't when you're around taeyong."sicheng scoffed.

"i am not!"

"aww, you are pouting like a baby... how cute..." sicheng pinched ten's cheek.

"i think we upset him..." taeyong said, seeing how his best friend was acting.

"i'm sure he's just bitter that we are right." sicheng laughed. "hey! kun! don't go too far!" he added, making sure that his hybrid wasn't disappearing.

🦁

ten walked out of the bathroom after taking a long and hot shower.

despite not really doing anything, he was very tired, and he only wanted to go to sleep in his comfy bed.

ten headed to the kitchen to help himself a glass of water, but he was interrupted by taeyong.

"yuta was tired, i told him to sleep in your bed since he wanted to stay in his human form. i hope you don't mind?"

ten shook his head, not really able to form any words at the moment because of his tiredness.

he got to the sink, pouring himself a glass of water before drinking it and washing the glass.

"i'm going to sleep." taeyong spoke. "you should too."

"yeah, i'm going now." ten replied. 

both boys headed towards their rooms, ten opening the room of his door first to peek in.

yuta was sleeping on his stomach, his legs and his arms stretched out, his tail falling down from the bed, and loud snores leaving his mouth. needless to say, he was taking all the space of ten's single bed.

the thai man sighed, closing the door slowly not to wake up his hybrid. his well-being was his priority. ten was about to walk back to the living room to sleep on a couch when a hand held his wrist.

"come sleep with me. i have a double bed." taeyong said with a head motion towards his door.

ten hesitated for a second. "it's okay, i can sleep on the couch."

taeyong rolled his eyes, pulling ten inside the room with force and closing the door behind them.

"no, you can't. you're a dancer. sleeping on the couch will cause you back pain. and you do not need that." taeyong replied.

"but we can't share the same bed, taeyong." ten raised a brow.

"why not?"

ten didn't answer, he set his hands on his hips and waited for taeyong to think.

"we're best friends, ten. nothing is going to happen." taeyong rolled his eyes. "plus, we've done it many times already."

ten didn't argue more.

he was tired, and taeyong was offering a bed. he couldn't refuse it, even if he wanted. he really needed to sleep at the moment.

he slipped under the covers, showing his back to taeyong as the other switched the lights off before lying next to his best friend.

the room fell silent immediately, and ten would have fallen asleep in less than 20 seconds if taeyong hadn't spoken again.

"i'm sorry." he said simply.

"about?" ten mumbled, not making any effort to articulate.

"for upsetting you at the park."

"hmm." ten hummed.

"i mean it. i didn't want to." taeyong persisted.

"yeah, yeah..."

"sure, you are very sassy, but that's you. that's why i love you. so i don't have to complain about it. plus, i find this trait charming in- "

he was cut by a snore coming from his best friend.

taeyong abandoned the idea of finishing his sentence. instead, he turned around in the bed, facing ten's back.

"goodnight ten." he mumbled before drifting off to dreamland as well.