🦁 2 🦁

"good evening! welcome at 'hybrids & co'!" the lady behind the desk greeted the two males that had entered the shop.

"hello." taeyong smiled at her before drifting his eyes to the many glass cages.

him and ten looked at the many puppies, kittens, guinea pigs, rabbits and other animals that were playing in the glass cages, waiting for someone to pick them up and adopt them.

"are you looking for any hybrid in particular?" the girl from the shop came to ask them.

"we're planning on buying one, but we're not sure which one yet." ten explained.

"let me explain a few things about hybrids, and maybe it'll help you decide." she smiled. "the hybrids stay in their animal form until they're old enough to change, which takes around three months. when they change, they take the appearance of an adult human, and they keep their animal personality. that is why the hybrids take the comportments of the animal they embody."

"oh... okay." ten nodded. "so, dogs act like your friends, and maybe cats are lonelier and sleep a lot?"

"exactly." the lady smiled. "but it is not the same for every animal. some act clingier than usual even though they don't embody a clingy animal for example."

"we're looking for some hybrid that could stay with us, like some cuddly baby." ten explained.

"i see." she nodded. "maybe a rabbit. they are cuddly and yet don't take too much place."

"oh, that could be- "

"ten!"

ten stopped talking mid-sentence to look towards his best friend who had called him from the end of the shop.

he walked over him, the lady on his heels.

"you called me?"

"i want him." taeyong said, pointing at a glass cage in which a lion cub was looking at him with glowing eyes.

"yuta?" the girl asked.

"he's a lion!" ten exclaimed, kneeling to get closer to the animal. "aww! he's so cute..."

"yes, it's him we want." taeyong replied.

"well, of course. but i have to warn you about a few things before. we don't usually sell wild hybrids, only pets, but this lion has behaviour problems. he acts like a clingy baby, and doesn't really age mentally."

"tae, i am falling in love..." ten spoke, his eyes glued to the small lion that was staring at him with curious eyes.

taeyong ran his fingers through ten's hair that was still kneeling in front of the cage.

"will it have an influence on his behaviour?" he asked the lady of the store.

"he'll be very clingy. quite like a little." she explained.

"taeyong." ten rose to his feet immediately, facing taeyong and using his best puppy eyes ever. "i want him, please, please... him and nothing else."

taeyong passed an arm around ten's waist and hugged him. "we'll take him." taeyong said to the lady, smiling once again when his eyes met the lion cub.