He also got to know that only 4 federal universities offers the course and with Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria being the closest, he applied.

Fortunately, he was offered a B.A double honor ( archaeology and history) which means he was studying archaeology and history as a course at the same time. At the end of his 4 years in school, he was to graduate with two certificates in archaeology and history.

Saleem's immediate sister, Hadiza who was just 18, gained admission a year after her brother to study Mass Communication in B.U.K.

Their mother was a petty trader while their father was a civil servant.

On his way to the park, Saleem couldn't help thinking about the situation at home and how difficult things have been ever since he entered the university. He also thought of different scenarios of creditors who always come looking for his mother to ask her to pay her debt.

He wished there was something he could do or perhaps a miracle that will bring all his parent's struggle to an end. The more he thought of the whole issue, the more determined he was to become successful.

"These people's effort must not be in vain dear Lord! Guide and protect my family and keep us safe from evil hands. Wipe our tears and answer all our prayers", he silently prayed.

As the bike got to the park, he continued to mutter under his breath.

"Make me successful merciful Lord, lead me to the path of righteousness and not the path of those that have been leading astray."

*******

Habib woke up to the ringing sound of his phone which was on a drawer beside his bed. He stretched his hand to pick up the phone with his half-closed eyes. He opened his eyes to see a missed call from a strange number and a lot of notifications from Facebook.

He hissed and went back to sleep. He later woke up at exactly 9:05 am.

He quickly took a shower, had breakfast of tea and bread, and went out to go to his mother's shop. He promised to help her in the shop the day before.

On his way to her shop, he saw some of his friends and they briefly exchanged pleasantries. He continued his journey and a few minutes later, he came across Bolaji, his sworn enemy right from secondary school days.

Bolaji and Habib used to be best of friends during their days in secondary school but they began to despise each other when a new girl came to their school. They both claimed to have feelings for the girl.

The girl's name was Alice. A fair beautiful girl from the Eastern part of the country who was very arrogant. Alice's parents were both involved in politics.

Bolaji and Habib fought daily just to win Alice's heart. Unfortunately, they got disappointed when Alice professed her love openly to the dullest boy in the class. Bolaji's hatred for Habib increased and vice versa.

They still despised each other even after 6 years of what Habib referred to as "a childish infatuation".

Habib was trying to act like the matured and reasonable one by trying to settle the issue amicably all to no avail. When Bolaji noticed Habib and Salamat together, he told Habib he was going to get Salamat by all means.

Bolaji was smiling evilly when Habib saw him across the road and he wondered what evil thoughts was on Bolaji's mind this time around. Everyone knows Bolaji to be troublesome and his physique scares people away.

"Hey bro, how you dey na (How are you doing)....", Bolaji greeted the quiet Habib and he continued. "....I hope say you see my message (I hope you received my message)?"

"What message?", Habib asked with surprise.

Bolaji laughed mockingly. "Mr. Grammarian never change o. I know say e no easy to be oko olosho (I know it's ain't easy to be the husband of a prostitute)", he uttered and laughed again.

"What are you saying?", Habib questioned.

"Hmm really? Are you sure you don't understand me? No problem...let me be straightforward. Everyone in town knows our beautiful..oops sorry....I mean your beautiful babe is a prostitute so you better start to dey hide your ugly face. I told you I was going to get her, didn't I?" He completed and walked away laughing evilly.

"What is this idiot talking about?" Habib wondered, as he proceeded to his mother's shop.

Then he brought out his phone from his pocket and quickly input his password to unlock it as his curiosity was growing every minute.

He kept walking while operating his phone. He dialed the strange number but it was unreachable. He logged in to his Facebook account to check his notifications. He was met with the greatest shock of his life at the news on his page

"What?", He said with shock and mistakenly dropped his phone.

**************
Don't forget to vote and comment 💓