10

Luka puts on the gloves but he doesn't touch me. "Release her." He tells the other soldier. "I'll take it from here." The soldier drops me on the floor. I look up and realize Luka's already gone. I'm supposed to be following him.

Once we reach the dark hall from earlier he speaks.

"Marinette?"

I don't answer him.

"Hold my hand, please." He says.

"No."

He sighs. I feel him move around in the darkness. He puts his hand on my lower back and guides me through the halls towards an unknown destination.

We walk for what feels like weeks. Luka finally speaks. "We're going outside." I'm too distracted by his voice to pay attention to what he said. "I just thought you should know."

I brace myself for a feeling I haven't experienced in a year. Luka opens the door and the wind hits me instantly. It feels amazing. Immaculate.

Luka's touch shocks me back to reality. I nearly jump when he touches my waist. "Are you okay?" I look at his blue, blue eyes. They look so familiar...

"I don't want you touching me." I lie.

He looks away. "You don't have a choice."

"I always have a choice."

He rubs the back of his neck and sighs. "Follow me."

We walk towards a garage where other soldiers are stomping by. The soldiers stop when they see Luka open a car door for me. Actually, it's not a car. It's a tank.

I stare at the massive vehicle that's made of metal. I attempt to climb but fail. Luka comes behind me and lifts me up by my waist. He settles me into the seat.

We ride in complete silence. I have no idea where we're heading. I look at what the world has come to. There's no stop signs, no traffic lights, no normal houses. Just road.

Before I know it we arrive at our destination. Luka helps me get out the tank. Once my feet touch the ground he's still holding on. I look up at him but he isn't looking at me. He opens his mouth to speak but closes it and let's me go.

"This way." He gestures with his head towards a building.

I follow him inside.