Chapter 17

I watched Kanato as he slept on my lap like a child. He has probably not done this with his mother before. I heard she was bitch which thus led to her death. Death caused by her own sons…Why did I have to think of that when there’s a slight feeling of peace now? I’m morbid.

I felt cold fingers touch my right cheek which caused me to gasp and recoil slightly. However, looking down, I realized the fingers belonged to Kanato. He was frowning, angry that I recoiled from his touch. I nodded my head in apology and leaned against his fingers. As I do so, I could feel a fluttery feeling in my stomach that made me blush immediately.

I heard him chuckle and gave me a smile, the same psychotic smile. However, a second after he did that, he frowned and the smile immediately left his face, like it never existed. He sat up and I moved my legs to get the pins and needles in my legs to disappear.

“Come here.” Instead of letting me approach him like how people would normally want, he tugged my arm and pulled me into lap. I squealed from the sudden action and my cheeks got even redder when I noticed my lips were on his neck, near his jaguar.

His fingers went to my chin and pushed my face up to look at him. On his pale face was another frown but this time it indicated confusion and frustration put together. He cocked his head to the side, like a child when he is filled with questions. He leaned forward and planted his lips on my cheekbone and whispered a few words that I couldn’t keep up with because everything was overwhelming.

Why am I so shy with Kanato when I could…make out with Shuu? Wow, Kiyoshi, you’re fucking smooth.

“You’re very presence is annoying. Do you know that, Kira-san?” He muttered as his lips trailed from my cheekbone to the area where my eye ended and my nose bridge started. In response, I closed my eyes, relishing the feeling. Then, I remembered his statement and my heart dropped. “Not…in that way. But the way where there is this constant nagging in my head..It’s annoying.” He said like he has read my mind and noticed the discomfort that I had in me.

He let out a shaky breath and his lips move upwards, to my forehead now. He planted a chaste kiss before moving to my cheek that was left untouched previously. It was a moment of silence except for our breathings till he placed his nose on mine and he pinch me on thigh, asking me to open my eyes.

“But why do I still feel the constant need to be around you? Like a source of comfort that I never had since I was young.” He confessed, his eyes wide like he was shocked he was even saying the words. Like he couldn’t believe those words left his mouth. “Tell me…why.” He gripped onto my shoulders, fingers slowly digging into the flesh.

“No one really understood. Till you came.” He smiled against my jawline as he said so. And his mouth went lower and lower. He hissed as he went pass the area where Shuu has bit into me yesterday. Slowly down pass my shoulder, to my arm and finally to my wrist. The area where I least expect it to be.

“Why?” I asked, the curiosity in me sparked.

“Because dolls have to be binded by their arms, So that they’ll never hold another. Except for their owners.” His words made me shiver and once that was said, he sunk into my wrist deep. It felt uncomfortable, maybe because I had a small wrist. If I remembered correctly, I got my mum’s genes.

I watched with half-lidded eyes as he slowly drank my very life essence as slowly as he could. It was like he drank as slow as he could, so that it may tempt time to slow down. My vision blurred slightly as I felt the flashback creeping back.

“You had that comfort since young. You just have to remember it.” I whispered into his purple hair that smelled like vanilla and cinnamon. So, danm sweet. “Try…please.” I whispered one last time as I watched his shoulders slumped down slightly.

“I wish mama would sing to me.” Young Kanato pouted as we walked through the maze that belonged to the mansion. The brothers told me they loved to play here, till night falls. It’s till then the maids have to go crazy in finding them in the dark. It was pure fun, they said.

“It gets boring.” He turned to look at me.

“Maybe she is just shy.” I shrugged, knowing that it wasn’t the real answer. Cordelia is never shy, she was confident…bold and everything that makes a person so confident of themselves.

“But I still love her, you know.” He hugged Teddy tighter and it was like a few seconds of hesitation before he asked me to sing for him. I repeated his question, shocked. He nodded his head and noticed my hesitation. To make things better, he promised to not laugh. Wow, like that helped.

I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply before letting my voice swirl in the air. I opened one of my eyes, peeking at Kanato to see his expression. What I saw in front of me shocked me entirely that I stopped singing.

In front of me is this sweet boy, with his eyes wide with admiration and love that it makes my inside churn and churn and churn. He chuckled at my blushing cheeks before closing his eyes slightly, tilted his head to the side and said, “You sing so beautifully.” His child hands intertwined with mine before he made me a promise.

“I promise…I’ll make sure I’ll get your hand in marriage – and not my brothers.” He whispered the last part like a child who was jealous of not getting any attention.

“So, will you be my bride…”

BANG

….

Kanato-kun, we were almost there…