Chapter 8

There are so many anouncements that Reiji has been making lately. I let out a tired sigh and cringed at my reflection for the third time. The voices and flashbacks has been replaying and replaying non-stop has been affecting my sleep. I hereby announce that I am a sleep deprived human. 

I tried my best to use my comb to try to flatten down my incredibly ugly bird nest hair. However I ended up throwing my comb in the bin and walking out of the bathroom after multiple tries. I quickly took a random hair tie and did a quick messy bun as I walked to the main hall.

"Aha , Doll-chan. You look horrible." I turned to see Laito chuckling as he walked beside me. You didnt have to emphasize it , I mentally shouted at him. "Busy thinking of me?" he suddenly put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. I shook my head and yawned. It really makes no difference whether I pushed him away or not. 

He suddenly grabbed my arm and turned my body to face him. He roughly held my face and raised it up to look at him. He said something so soft but I couldnt quite hear it. 

"Aw, you're so cute." 

My eyes widened and pushed him away when I heard a faint voice again. "Pervert" I rolled my eyes. "How annoying." I complained. He laughed and pulled me along so we could continue walking.

"You should talk more , Doll-chan. You have such a cute voice. I can't imagine me making you moan." he winked at me which made my cheeks go red

He pushed open the doors and gestured me to go in first. What a gentlemen , I made a sarcastic comment in my head. I looked around to see everyone has arrived and we were the last. I quickly made my way and took a sit next to Yui before Laito could. I smirked when I saw his face filled with disappointment.

"How annoying , Reiji. I dont care about your useless announcements." Subaru complained , he slammed the table out of a sudden. I was surprised that the table didn't broke into half.

"Why can't you just write us a note? You have disrupted my play time with Teddy. Right , Teddy?" Kanato hugged Teddy tighter as he glared at Reiji.

Reiji scoffed and pushed his glasses up his nose. "I would like to inform you that he have hired a few maids to be stationed in our home. As you know that Lady Christa would be visiting us soon , we would be doing a huge spring cleaning." 

"Why do we even need maids? We already have you as one , Reiji" Ayato smirked. I slapped my hand on my mouth to prevent a burst of laughter. "Ah see! Doll agreed with me" Ayato pointed towards me which earned me a glare from Reiji.

"Do they know that all of you are..." Yui asked , tilting her head to the side. 

"Of course , they do. As you can see , it is an honour  to work for the Sakamaki family." Reiji sighed , slapping his forehead with his palm like Yui has asked the dumbest question he has ever heard in his life.

An honour to work for them? Are you kidding me? A fucking honour? It is already a torture to stay with them, I can't imagine working for them. Oh poor souls that are about to enter a house full of the creatures of the night.

"They would be arriving in a few seconds." Reiji said , looking at his watch. As soon as he finished saying that , the doors opened. I turned to see 10 maids in maid uniforms. Maid uniforms? Seriously?

"Ah. One of them smell so good." Kanato commented , sniffing the air. "Ah , Kanato-kun , please be patient. You dont want to chase them away , yes?" Laito chuckled , a grin on his lips.

None of the maids sparked my interest except for one. She pushed back her fringe and bowed. Her muddy green eyes slowly glanced at all of us. "Pleased to meet you. My name is Ichikawa Misaki but please do call me , Misaki" her tone was so happy and full of life , that it made me wince slightly.