THIRTY

The VERY last one...

"Sophie, we need to head to the airport," Edaline said, shaking Sophie awake.

Days had turned into weeks, weeks had turned into months, and now it was finally the end of July.

Sophie's eyes fluttered open and she crinkled her nose. "The airport? But I'm not leaving until tomorrow."

"I know that," Edaline said with a smile. "But there's a surprise at the airport that I know you'll be happy to see. You have ten minutes to get ready." Then she got up and left, shutting the door behind her.

Sophie sighed as she sat up in bed. What surprise was at the airport? All of her friends were already here, so who could it be?

She got up and walked over to her closet. She picked out a blue and white tank-top with a pair of jeans and sandals before changing into it. She went into her bathroom to brush her hair and teeth before she grabbed her phone and keys and headed downstairs.

"I'm ready," Sophie said. "Do I need to go ahead and head over there, or...?"

"You can go ahead," Edaline nodded, cleaning the coffee table.

Sophie shrugged. "Okay," Sophie started to turn to walk away, but Edaline stopped her.

"Oh, and Sophie?" She said, making Sophie face her. "Watch for flight 560, okay?"

"Um...okay." Sophie nodded before heading out of the front door and walking to her car.

Just before Sophie was about to get in her car, she saw Keefe heading towards his truck. So, she yelled, "Keefe! Where're you going?"

Keefe grinned and yelled back, "I got a text from your mom to go to the airport."

Just then, Sophie's phone buzzed with a text from Fitz. When she opened it up, it said: Why did your mom text Biana and I to go to the airport?

Sophie texted him back before, suddenly, all of her friends started texting her the exact same thing. So, she hopped onto the group chat, gave them what little explanation that she could, and then put her phone away.

"I guess we're all going to the airport," Sophie told Keefe with a shrug. "I'll see you there."

She got in her car and started driving down the road, Keefe following behind her. All the while, Sophie was wondering why she and her friends had been told to go to the airport.

Was Keefe's mom coming back? But, if she was, why did it concern all of them—or Edaline?

After a few more minutes of driving and wondering, they finally reached the airport and Sophie immediately recognized Dex, Wylie, Jensi, Maruca, and the twins standing in the parking lot.

Sophie parked near Dex's car—Keefe parked next to Sophie's—before getting out and joining them.

"What is going on?" Tam asked when she and Keefe made their way over. "Because I'm so confused."

"Don't ask me anything," Sophie said with a sigh. "I'm just as clueless as you guys. I woke up this morning to my mom telling me to go to the airport because there was a surprise."

"Why are we here?"

They all turned around to see Biana and Fitz coming towards them, looking super tired, but regal at the same time.

"It's literally 9:30 in the morning," Biana said with a yawn. "I'm supposed to be having my morning coffee right now, and that hasn't happened yet. I want answers."