TWENTY-EIGHT

"I bet you are all wondering why I've called you here." Sophie smiled at her friends as they stood at the front porch of her house.

"Yeah, kind of." Dex said.

"Well," Sophie laughed. "I called you all here because I've made a decision. A decision about what college I will be going to."

"You have?" Jensi exclaimed, his eyes getting wide like the rest of her friends'.

"Yep," Sophie nodded. "I decided on it yesterday and Grady and Edaline already made all the phone calls to the school, so it's official."

Biana pulled out her phone. "I'm filming this."

"Well?" Maruca said, prompting her.

"As you know," Sophie said, purposefully drawing it out. "I had to choose between Vanderbilt, Pepperdine, and the University of California. All of the school were so great and—"

"Stop being dramatic and tell us where you're going already!" Biana exclaimed, shaking Sophie's shoulders.

Sophie grinned before grabbing the zipper of her jacket and pulling in down, revealing a Vanderbilt University t-shirt.

Her friends started screaming a ton of unintelligible words, so Sophie just laughed and said, "I'm going to Tennessee!"

"That's only seven hours, by car, to Savannah," Biana said with a grin. "And by plane it's only an hour and a half."

Sophie rolled her eyes, but she still had a smile on her face. Honestly, it was by coincidence that she'd picked the school that was closest to SCAD.

"We have to celebrate," Maruca said with a grin.

Sophie laughed. "Oh, don't worry, Edaline's way ahead of you." She opened the door and motioned for all of her friends to come in.

The house was decorated in balloons and streamers and all kinds of other things. There were also Vanderbilt logos all over the house.

"This is so awesome," Biana said, taking a picture of it. "By the way, I'm posting all of this on Instagram."

§§§

"Okay, it's game time," Biana said with a grin. "Let's play truth or dare."

"We always play truth or dare," Dex said with a sigh.

Biana smiled. "I know—it's because it's so much fun!"

"And this is when Grady and I are going to start cleaning up," Edaline said with a laugh. "You five have fun."

Sophie smiled at her parents as they left before saying, "I'll play, but you have to promise not to do anything weird."

"Promise," Biana said with a nod. "What about the rest of you?"

"I'll definitely play," Maruca said with a nod.

Jensi nodded. "Yeah, me too."

Everyone turned to Dex.

He sighed. "Fine, I'll play."

"Okay, I'll go first." Biana said with a smile. "Maruca, truth or dare?"

"Hmm," Maruca said with a smirk. "I think I'm going to go with dare."

Biana's smile became wicked. "I dare you to let me crack an egg over your head."

Maruca's eyes widened. "But...my hair."