FIFTEEN

"Happy Halloween!" Biana announced out loud as she and Sophie walked into Study Hall that afternoon. "Who's ready for candy?" She pulled candy out of her purse and tossed it to everyone in the classroom.

"Miss Vacker," Ms. Clarette said, glaring daggers at Biana. "Do you want to get I.S.S. for disturbing class time?"

"No ma'am," Biana said, pulled a Ring-Pop out of her purse and placed it on Ms. Clarette's desk. "Happy Halloween,"

Ms. Clarette looked shocked as Sophie and Biana walked to their regular seats and sat down.

"Thank you, Miss Vacker," Ms. Clarette said, sitting down in her seat. "But another disturbance in this class will win you ISS."

Biana nodded. "Yes ma'am,"

Everyone got back to their work and Sophie noticed that Ms. Clarette was smiling as she put the Ring-Pop in her desk.

"I think you just made her day," Sophie told Biana with a smile.

Biana grinned. "I hope I did. She's super grumpy all the time, so I thought she might need some sweetness in her life."

The five of them chuckled at that before they all started getting to work. Sophie began working on her homework for World History and got done with it relatively quickly.

"Do you all have your costumes?" Maruca asked, looking up. "Nobody forgot...right?"

"I got mine," Sophie said, and everyone else agreed.

The five of them weren't going trick-or-treating that year, but they were going around and passing out candy to all the other kids that were going trick-or-treating.

After a bit of conversation and finishing up their work, the bell rang, and everyone headed out of the classroom.

Sophie and her friends made their way to their lockers and got their stuff before heading out to their cars.

Sophie got in her car and drove to her house. She ran upstairs and started getting ready for handing out candy.

Their group had decided to match, so they were all dressed up as Scooby-Doo characters. Dex was Fred, Biana was Daphne, Sophie was Velma, Maruca was Shaggy, and Jensi was Scooby-Doo.

Sophie set out her clothes and then started getting changed. She wore an orange turtle-neck sweater with a red skirt. She pulled the long, orange socks up to her knees and then put on the red shoes. Sophie also put on a pair of glasses—she'd popped out the lenses—before brushing out her hair and flat ironing it.

She made her way downstairs and into the kitchen where Edaline was cooking them some dinner.

"Sophie, you look adorable," Edaline said, stopping what she was doing.

"Thanks," Sophie said, her face turning pink.

"You guys are eating here and then heading into town, right?" Edaline asked, going back to stir the food.

Sophie nodded. "Yeah, they should be here at any minute."

"Alright, why don't you go set the table," Edaline nodded to some plates and forks on the counter.

Sophie nodded, grabbing the stuff and setting it out on the table. Right after, the doorbell rang and, when Sophie opened it, Dex and Biana were there in their costumes.

Dex was dressed in Fred's outfit and he look really cool. Blue pants, white shirt, orange ascot.

Biana's outfit was even better. Her hair was curled, and she had a purple headband in her hair. She wore a green scarf, a purple dress, light pink leggings, and lavender heels.