Chapter 14: An Unfortunate Run-In With Hook!

*Zero's/Xavier's POV*

I woke up before the others at the crack of dawn. I had trouble sleeping last night because I was worried about Alice.

I have a bad feeling somethings happened to Alice and possibly Fiona and the others, which means we'd need to hurry if we want to get back to Far, Far, Away on time.

Not only that, but today marks Willow's 17th birthday, which also means there's only a couple of hours left to break the curse, or she'll become a frozen statue forever.

I saw Shrek yawn and stand up, then I looked down at Artie and Willow and tried not to laugh at their cute and adorable position.

Artie had his arms around Willow tightly, and Willow was cuddled up to his chest. Both of them looked very peaceful.

I heard movement behind me, making me turn my attention to where it came from before a tree...or make that three trees.

Artie and Willow rolled off the tree log they leaned their heads on and woke up instantly. "Ow!" I helped the both of them up then focused my attention back to the tress that were now advancing towards us.

Donkey and Puss In Boots were now wide awake and backed up. "Ah!"

In fact, we all backed up as we were surrounded by several angry-looking trees. Four men who looked like pirates pushed a piano across the grass behind the angry trees with Hook playing on it.

"Look out! They've got a piano!" Donkey screamed.

Hook stopped playing and turned around. "Kill 'em all." He pointed at Shrek and Willow. "Except the little girl and the fat one. King Charming has something special in mind for you two, ogre and Princess."

Shrek looked as confused as the rest of us. "King Charming?"

Willow snorted. "That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Really. I mean, seriously, that half-wit? Yeah, right!"

"Attack!" Hook ordered.

Suddenly, a bunch of pirates jumped toward us out of nowhere and tried to hit us with weapons, but all of us managed to dodge out of the way.

I unsheathed my sword and took a swing at the pirates in front of me, knocking their weapons out of their hands. They balled their fists in anger ready to punch the lights out of me.

I placed my sword back in it's sheath and cracked my knuckles before I smirked and snickered at them tauntingly. "Oh, so that's how you wanna play it, huh? Very well, then."

I pushed Willow behind me and started punching, kicking, and blocking their attacks.
Shrek lifted Artie up, and Artie kicked a pirate that was in front of them. Donkey screamed and backed away from a pirate who aimed a sword at him, but Puss In Boots jumped on Donkey's back and started having his own sword fight with the pirate.

Artie managed to trip a pirate over by doing a drop-kick. That same pirate bounced off of Shrek's stomach and landed on the floor.

Willow managed to kick one in the stomach, and I knocked out the ones I was beating up.

Unfortunately, more pirates started advancing towards us, making the two of us back up and stand with Artie, Donkey, and Puss In Boots, while some pirates tried to shove Shrek into a treasure chest.

Suddenly, the two trees next to us had the five of us trapped inside a net made out of thick ropes so we couldn't escape.

I had Donkey's butt in my face, and Willow was practically hugging Artie. Puss In Boots held a sharp claw up and started cutting through the ropes while Shrek used the treasure chest to push the pirates back, since his butt got stuck inside it and couldn't get it out.

"Shrek!" Donkey cried.

"Help!" Artie and Willow yelled at the same time.

I managed to shove Donkey off of me and only now noticing a canon aimed at us that was already lit. "Holy crap!"

Shrek managed to remove the treasure chest off his butt and jumped over to the canon, standing directly in front of it. He push it as hard as he could and moved it so that it was now aimed at Hook.

Once the canon went off, it hit the piano and exploded it into a million pieces, making Hook stand up and look down at the broken pieces of the piano around him in shock.

The trees dropped us and made a run for it. I landed on my back with Donkey and Puss In Boots sitting on my stomach. Artie carried Willow bridal style so she wouldn't hit the ground, but he himself had landed his butt on the ground pretty hard.

This'll be something to tell Alice later when I get back to her.

Donkey and Puss In Boots got off of me and stood up before I did, and I stretched my back muscles until I heard a satisfying clicking sound. Artie set Willow down, and they both exchanged smiles before we made our way over to Shrek together.

"Ya cowards!" Hook yelled at the pirates who also ran away, scared of what Shrek might do next.

"What has Charming done with Fiona?" Shrek asked as he rushed over to Hook, demanding an explanation.

"She's gonna get what's comin' to her." Hook said before looking in my direction and pointed his hook at me. "The same goes for your little fairy Princess, too!" A walking tree grabbed onto Hook's hook and carried him away. "And there ain't nothin' you can do to stop him!"

Willow and I looked at each other wide-eyed. "Alice!"

Puss In Boots looked concerned. "We've got to save them."

"But they're so Far, Far, Away." Donkey cried.

Willow sighed. "Not only that, but I can't fly all of you over there at the same time, either."

Shrek had a serious look on his face when he turned to Artie. "Get yourself back to Worcestershire, kid."

Artie shook his head. "No, Shrek, hold on a second. I...I've got an idea."

Well, I hope whatever it is he's planning gets us to Far, Far, Away on time so that I can beat up Charming's ass if he lays a finger on Alice.

I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something happened to her, and neither me nor Willow were there to help her.

**End of Chapter 14**