Chapter 10: Journey To The Soul!

*Willow's/Anastasia's POV*

"Now, all of you, look into the Fire of Truth." Merlin instructed. "And tell me what you see." He sprinkled some sort of dust into the fire that created a bigger flame with smoke rising from it before it reduced back to a smaller flame again. "Ha!"

I was sitting on the end of a log next to Artie while Zero, Shrek, Donkey, and Puss In Boots, were stood standing watching the flame.

I cleared my throat. "Hey, uh, Merlin? Quick question: Why do I need to look into the 'Fire of Truth', when I really have no reason to?"

He turned to me and smiled innocently. "Dear girl, you can't fool me. It's time you faced your fear and learn to trust those around you."

I looked from Donkey to Puss In Boots, to Shrek and Zero. All of them were giving me smiles of encouragement.

Then there was Artie. He gave me a dashing smile and the look in his eyes told me that I could trust him.

I returned the smile and nodded whilst looking into Artie's eyes. "All right, I'll do it."

"Ooh, charades!" Donkey took a seat on the floor with Puss In Boots, and Zero took a seat on the other side of Artie. "Okay! I see a Dutch fudge torte with cinnamon swirls!"

I chuckled. "Trust you to be thinking about food, Donkey."

"Okay monster, go for it." Merlin instructed.

Shrek rolled his eyes and sighed before crouching down a little to get a closer look at the smoke.

He stared at the fire for about 5 seconds before blowing the smoke away and laughed nervously. "Ahaha...I see a rainbow pony."
I doubt it.

"Excellent work!" How comes Merlin believes him just like that? "Xavier?"

Zero leaned forward a little and looked into the smoke. "I see a huge gentleman with big muscles. He has long wavy white hair and a beard, and is wearing greek clothing. There's a young man with a sword strapped to his back stood in front of the gentleman, and a fairy Princess standing beside him. The gentleman pointed a finger at the young man and zapped him with what looks like a lightening bolt, turning the young man into...into a...a fairy Prince?..."

It was silent for a moment until Merlin spoke again, clearing his throat first. "Right, now the boy."

Artie rolled his eyes. "This is lame-OW!" Merlin smacked the back of Artie's head, making me stifle a laugh. "You're lame!" Merlin chucked some dust into the fire and looked at Artie expectantly. "Just go for it."

Artie sighed and reluctantly looked into the smoke. "Okay, there's a baby bird and a father bird sitting in a nest."

Merlin started beating a drum to make some kind of rhythm to help speed things up a little. "Yes! Yes! Stay with it! Stay with it!"

Artie squinted his eyes as he continued to focus on whatever the smoke was showing him. "Wait...the dad just flew away. Why did he leave the bird all alone?"

His left hand started shaking, so I grabbed it with my right and laced our fingers together. I felt a spark as soon as our skin made contact. I didn't let go, especially when Artie tightened his grip. "It's trying to fly, b-but it doesn't know how to. It's gonna fall!"

Merlin suddenly stopped playing the drum and all of us stared at Artie. "Proper head case you are, aren't you? Really messed up. Whoa!" He walked away and shut the door to his home.