Day 17: Unprepared

Prompt: green

After season 6 ~

Lloyd jumped up eagerly at the sound of his alarm.  It had been hard to sleep considering how excited he was, but he'd forced himself to sleep later than usual - there was no point being up today without the others.  It was Lloyd's favorite day of the year, his day.  Well not really, it wasn't ninja day, but green was a major part of the festival today.

He energetically jumped around his room, strapping his extra armor on over the base of his outfit and dashed out to find the others.  He ran into the common room ready to start pinching... but there were already five green ninjas there?

"Wh... how?" Lloyd stopped short, scratching his head in confusion.

"You really thought we wouldn't be prepared?"  Nya turned to face him in his Deepstone armored suit.

"Yeah, last year you ran in a circle around us pinching us for two hours straight"  Kai said, adjusting the armor on the green ZX outfit.

"The day is literally marked on the calendar.  We had plenty of time to formulate the plan"  Zane piped up, sporting Lloyd's Techno-turned Stone Armor suit.

"But how did you get all my old suits without me even noticing?"

"It was easy, dude,"  Jay sat up in green Airjitzu robes, "you pretty much never change your outfit.  We introduced the idea for new Honor robes to pay respects to our past over a week ago and you haven't opened your closet since."

"Just because our ninja uniforms are kind of like work attire doesn't mean you can never wear anything else.  Please do laundry soon.  Like Jay said it's been over a week and we only have one set of Honor robes each"  Cole added with a hint of disgust.  He adjusted the half mask that went with Lloyd's Tournament robes over his face.

"So I guess you're all wearing green today then... well, they aren't your clothes so it doesn't count! HA!"  Lloyd ran to get started on his pinching, but Zane raised his hands to stop him.

"There is no rule requiring the clothes worn today to be one's own," the usually white ninja started, "only that they must wear at least one article of green clothing."

Lloyd looked dejected for a moment but his spirits rose again when he heard footsteps approaching.  "There's no way you got Wu to wear one of my old suits!  Looks like your plan wasn't foolproof after all" he said smugly.

Wu descended the steps leading below deck to the common room, unfazed to see Lloyd rushing towards him.  The (real) green ninja stopped in his tracks.  

"Good afternoon, nephew"  He said cheerfully.  Wu was wearing his old green Kimono robes the ninja had received at the Temple of Light.

"Oh, come on!"  Lloyd exclaimed, storming out of the room.  Wu chuckled at his student's exasperation.  

"Great thinking, Master Wu"  Cole congratulated him.  "He was totally unprepared for us to be, well, prepared!"

~  We need more of Wu messing with people just because he can!  And the ninja getting each other back.  Maybe they should have a prank war...

I'm pretty sure most of the ninja suits still exist - I try to keep my stories perfectly fitting within the canon, such that they could be canon themselves. But if not, my personal headcanon is that the ninja all keep one of each suit they've had somewhere, as sort of a collectible or keepsake of their progress.  Even if a suit is destroyed or lost they make replicas.  

I didn't name the holiday since St. Patrick wouldn't exist in Ninjago.  The day needs a different name there.. Festival of Luck?  Comment what you'd want to name it!

I'm almost caught up! Only one day behind from actually being on schedule with these.