Chapter 41: Rise of a Fallen Hero

Start from the beginning

"Pull the sword of the stone" the Old Man instructed 

"Why?" Link asked "It's just another dumb sword that will remind me of the past!"

"The Past is the past, it cannot be changed" the Old Man said "But you can learn from the past to make yourself a bright future. If you have courage, your future could be brighter than the light coming from the Master Sword"

"Master Sword?" Link asked "Is that the name of that piece of junk?"

"Yes" the Old Man said "And do not call it a piece of junk, for it was forged from Master Ore by the Goddess Hylia herself when she battled against Demise. Most of Hyrule's heroes have fought with it at some point, including the Hylian Champion whose spirit has trained you well"

"Really?" Link asked, gazing at the ancient sword "Wow"

"I know" the Old Man chuckled "But while many heroes have defeated evil beings with the Master Sword, none of awakened the sword's true power. An Ancient Prophecy says that when all hope for Hyrule seems lost, the Legendary Hero will rise and use the Master Sword's true power to destroy the final incarnation of evil, and bring peace"

"Some stupid prophecy" Link said "All hope IS Lost for Hyrule from what it looks like"

"Pull up the sword, or I will make you pull it up myself" the Old Man said, taking off his hood to reveal the face of an Old hylian man with a long white beard that looked familiar to Link 

The Old Man gave Link a glare and pointed his walking stick at Link

"Fine!"

Link grabbed the handle of the Master Sword, and easily pulled it out of the stone

"Only proper heroes can pull the sword" the Old Man clapped his hands "Good Job, Link"

"Yeah, yeah" Link swung the Master Sword around "I guess I can be the hero.... So now what?"

"Now, we find you a shield"

"A Shield?" Link asked "What, is there some ancient Master Sheild for heroes?"

"Unfortunately there isn't" the Old Man replied "But, the Hero who battled Ganon right before the Millennium of Peace was the Hero that was actually a blacksmith before becoming a Hero, and he forged the legendary Hylian Shield. I have it right here"

The Old Man got out the Hylian Shield, a blue shield with the symbol of Hyrule on it, and handed it to Link

"Hey" Link said "This goes perfectly with the Master Sword! Now, how did you have the Shield, and how do you know all this stuff?"

"I have my ways" the Old Man said "Now, swing the Master Sword, and declare yourself the Hero of Hyrule"

"Alright" Link replied "I AM THE HERO OF HYRULE!"

He swung the sword courageously as he declared this, and suddenly the Master Sword glowed brighter than ever before.

The light shining from the Master Sword then consumed the entire forest, and there was no longer Darkness shrouding the forest.

The Great Deku Tree was no longer silent

"Thank you, Hero" the Great Deku Tree rumbled "You are one small step closer to saving the world from Ganon's Iron Fist. But the second that light shined was exactly seventeen years after you were born, meaning you are now officially an adult"

"Cool!" Link said

"That is bad" the Great Deku Tree continued "The Prophecy states that the light will shine when the one destined to become the Legendary Hero turns seventeen, and now that light is visible to everyone, including Ganondorf. He now knows you live, and you are in grave danger"

Meanwhile, in Hyrule Castle, in the Throne Room

"This was a strange phenomenon" Ganondorf spoke to the Prophet of Doom Astor "You say this creature, Harbinger Ganon, is a malice-corrupted version of the princess's friend Terrako, and it came from the future?"

"Yes" Astor laughed evilly "The Harbinger Ganon came from the future through a time portal it's kind can create, and is my helper now"

Harbinger Ganon appeared behind Astor's black cape, it's glowing red Guardian eye staring at Ganondorf with a sense of recognition.

"Emperor Ganondorf!" Ghirahim ran up to the Tyrannical Ruler of Hyrule "A Great Burst of Light just came out of nowhere and freed the Faron and Woodland Provinces from the control of the Blood Moon!"

"Then the prophecy was true" Ganondorf replied "The Hero of Hyrule lives.... I want a force of Guardian Stalkers at the edge of the forest, now! We WILL end the Hero!"