045. WHITE MYRTLES PT.2

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒚𝒓𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒕.2

❛ my heart was beating so fast, i was ready to give it all to you

i was ready to give it all to you. ❜

                        𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝕮ompared to Mount Olympus, Manhattan was quiet

                        𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝕮ompared to Mount Olympus, Manhattan was quiet. It was early in the morning, and hardly anyone was on Fifth Avenue. Argus, the many-eyed security chief, picked up Nate, Aurora, Annabeth, Grover, and Percy at the Empire State Building and ferried them back to camp through a light snowstorm.

                         While looking out the window, Aurora allowed her head to rest against Nate's arm, the exhaustion completely overwhelming her. Her body was moments from shutting down whether it be due to her time in captivity, the fight with her sister, or the talk with her mother—it was crashing down on her all too much.

Nate didn't seem to mind that much, he didn't seem to mind when Annabeth unexpectedly did the same thing either. Her blonde hair knotted likely due to their quest.

"I don't get it," she began as she watched the snowfall, catching her reflection from the window. "How could she be so unaffected? Her daughter died?"

She didn't have to turn to know she also caught Percy's attention—Grover was far too busy snoring to pay any mind to their conversation.

She felt Nate shift from next to her, "The gods . . . Feel differently than we do."

Aurora shook her head, "More like they view us as expendable. Why worry about one child when you can always make another?"

A moment of silence was her response before Percy spoke up, "You're starting to sound a lot like—"

Aurora frowned ignoring her quivering lip, "Luke? Natalie? Listen, I might understand where they're coming from but that doesn't mean I'm on their side."