010. TWO WORLDS COLLIDING

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

❛ everyone knew her father     was her saving        grace ❜

  was her saving grace ❜

                         𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝕱or the first time in months, Aurora prayed to her mother

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝕱or the first time in months, Aurora prayed to her mother. She prayed to her like her life depended on it — in actuality it might — and the prayer went something like this:

Mom, I know I'm not the best daughter or the best person in general, but I beg of you to at least try and stop Dad from looking at the news. You know how he gets, and I have no energy to deal with it. Thank you.

The only indication that her mother truly listened was waking up once from their train ride to Percy holding a delicate white myrtle in his hands. Apparently, having no idea where it came from but nonetheless gave it to Aurora without a seconds doubt.

This gave her hope that her mother would try to at least steer her daughter's father from any form of media until her quest was over, if it weren't too late already.

But something in Aurora told her that it was too late. That he was already looking for her with her face being plastered all over the news and media. That either Happy informed him or he was browsing his phone — which he does on an everyday basis — and saw his own daughter trending number one on twitter while in the company of an adolescent boy who apparently killed his mother and is causing a whirlwind of destruction because he has issues.

Anthony Edward Stark was definitely going to lose it . . . If he hasn't already.

"Let's try to contact Chiron," Annabeth said. "I want to tell him about your talk with the river spirit."

"We can't use phones, right?"

Aurora smirked, "We can use Stark approved phones, but seeing as we don't have one in our vicinity we'll go a different route."