Chapter 13

"You're still looking for Mr. Puddles," Leonard jokes when he sees Vanya outside his store.

"I... I got out of rehearsal and was in the neighbourhood, so I thought... I..." Vanya says.

"Came all the way to Bricktown?" Leonard asks. "Well, since you're here, you might as well come in," He says, unlocking the door.

"These are beautiful," Vanya compliments as she sees the furniture and decorations.

"Ah, thank you," Leonard says. "Restoration antiques. It's my bread and butter. But I do play around with other things."

"Like what?"

"Oh... I don't know. It's kind of embarrassing. Come on," He says, pushing aside a curtain to reveal different wood carvings.

"You made all these?"

"When I was a kid, my imagination was my escape. And, clearly, I never grew up."

"No, it's amazing," Vanya says. "Which one is your favourite?"

"Ballerina is kind of my best. Or maybe the duck. Or the other duck. Or the other duck," He chuckles. "But there is one you should see," He says before taking a wood carving of Vanya playing the violin.

"Is that...?"

"Okay, so I might have... stayed up last night making this."

"Wow. It's beautiful."

"Thank you," Leonard replies. "Take it."

"Oh, no. I..."

"I insist. Please. I made it for you. You inspired me."

Timeskip

"This is so bizarre," Vanya comments as they walk alongside each other in the street. "We've known each other for... two days? I feel like you know me better than anyone in my family."

"Hey. This might be a little inappropriate, seeing as I'm your... impressionable young student, but... would you want to have dinner with me tonight?" He asks. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Yeah."

"It's fast..."

"No, I..."

"I know, but..."

"I'd like that," Vanya interrupts his rambling.

"Yeah?" Leonard asks before a familiar figure walks up to Vanya.

"Allison?"

"Hey," Allison says.

"Leonard, this is my sister, Allison," Vanya says.

"Wait a second, I know you. You were in that movie. You're in the movie, the... You were the lawyer. The tough one in the wheelchair, right?" Leonard asks.

"Yeah," Allison chuckles. "Yeah, that was me."

"You didn't tell me your sister was a movie star," Leonard says, looking at Vanya. "Wow! You were in that Umbrella thing, too, weren't you?" Leonard asks Allison before looking at Vanya. "But you weren't in that, were you?" Leonard asks Vanya.

"No, uh... I was sort of the fifth Beatle of the family, so..." Vanya replies.

"I never really did like the Beatles," Leonard admits. "More of a Stones guy, myself."

"Um, I'm sorry to interrupt, but, uh... could you come back to the house?" Allison asks Vanya. "We're having a family meeting."

"And you guys want me there?" Vanya asks.