Chapter 24

"Gloria, the Handler knows that Five and Eight are up to something. Get this to Hazel and Cha-Cha immediately," Dot says, passing the senior woman a tube.

"Uh..."

"Immediately."

"Okay, yeah," She says before Dot leaves. "Who are they?" She asks before Five knocks her out.

"Alright," Y/n says, sitting at the typewriter before typing out two different messages while Five keeps the original message.

They quickly roll up the messages, placing them in the tubes before sending them off to their respective receivers.

"You know that's not how we do things here," The Handler says, standing in front of them as Five places a protective arm in front of Y/n. "Where's Gloria?"

"Don't know," Five lies. "Couldn't find her anywhere," He adds as a knocked out Gloria groans from behind a desk.

'We didn't knock her out hard enough,' Y/n thinks to Five.

'Tell me about it,' Five replies.

"You're a great disappointment to me. You can't change what's to come, Five and Eight. I truly find it so odd that you can't shed this fantasy. You're first-rate pragmatists. You belong here with us."

"I don't belong anywhere, thanks to you," Five spits. "You made me a killer."

"You were always a killer. I just pointed you in a direction," She says before firing her gun and Y/n spatial jumps Five somewhere safe.

"Security!"

"Okay, we need the grenades in her office and a briefcase. So, you go," Five instructs.

"And leave you here with the maniac?" Y/n replies. "Are you insane?"

"Just do it, please," He says. "I'll be safe," He reassures, kissing her lips swiftly before spatial jumping away.

"This bitch," Y/n mutters to herself before spatial jumping out of the room and running to the Handler's office.

She spatial jumps in to the room, thankfully, no one saw her. She runs to the display, grabbing two grenades before spatial jumping out. She runs down the stairs, not wanting to drain her energy too quickly. Spatial jumping into the room, she grabs a briefcase and throws a grenade in before running out. A security guard asked her what she was doing before the briefcase room behind him exploded. She runs back, spatial jumping back to Five, feeling slightly nauseous.

"I do owe a debt," Five says, spatial jumping and holding onto Y/n before unplugging a grenade. "But it's not to you," He says, rolling the grenade to the Handler before he and Y/n ran out of the room, using the briefcase to get back home.

Rewind

"We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?" Klaus asks.

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?" Diego asks before Five and Y/n fall from the vortex.

"Je... Jesus!" Allison says.

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see them, too?" Klaus asks.

"Where have you been?" Luther asks while Y/n lies on the couch.

"Are you all right?" Allison asks as Five snatches and drinks Luther's coffee.

"Who did it?"

"It doesn't matter anymore," Y/n says.

"So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us," Five says.

"The Umbrella Academy," Luther says.