Chapter 9

"Oh, thank god," Vanya said as she entered Five's room, said man looking out the window. "I was worried sick about you two," She adds, hugging the now smaller than her girl.

"Sorry," Y/n said.

"We left without saying goodbye," Five said.

"No, look, I'm the one who should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive, and… I… I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest."

"Maybe you were right to be dismissive," Five scoffed. "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well… like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind."

"Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to," Vanya said. "Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information."

"Thanks, but… I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep," Five says.

"Okay," Vanya sighs before leaving.

Just at that moment, items clattered out of the cupboard as Klaus scrambled to his feet.

"Try being a little louder," Y/n suggests. "It's not like we're trying to hide this from Vanya."

Klaus playfully glares at her. "That's so… touching, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!"

"Would you shut up? She'll hear you," Five says.

"I'm moist," Klaus says.

"I told you to put on something professional," Five adds.

"What? This is my nicest outfit," Klaus says as Y/n sighs.

"Fine. To Dad's closet we go, it seems," Y/n says as they leave the room.

"Whatever. As long as I get paid."

"When the job is done," Five said as they stop in the corridor.

"Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details, I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be your dear old dad, correct?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"What's our cover story?" Klaus asks.

"Cover story?" Y/n asks.

"I mean, was I really young when I had you? Like, 16? Like, young and… terribly misguided?" He asks, hand on his chest.

"Sure," Five replies as he looks at Y/n weirdly, as if asking 'is he serious?'

"Your mother, that slut," Klaus sneers with distaste. "Whoever she was. We met at… the disco," He chuckles. "Okay? Remember that," He says, snapping his finger. "Oh, my god. The sex was amazing," He says as Y/n pukes. "She was… a stripper at the disco. A very hot and attractive one. Y/n, you would be perfect for the role."

"Oh, hell no!" Y/n says.

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain," Five said, dragging Y/n away.

"Don't make me put you in time-out."

Timeskip

"Yo, Syd, it's Johnny," The man in the recording tells the tow truck guy who was with Five and Y/n. "Hey, look, we got a bunch of extra tows down here, down on Empire Avenue. The whole thing is a disaster. Kids arrested. Trucks as far as the eye can see," The recording continues before 'Syd' gets knocked out by Cha-Cha with a metal rod.

Timeskip

"You gotta tell me how you did the London job in '66," She says, clamping metal clips on his nipples as they had taken off his shirt. "Beautiful work, really."