Act 18: Prepare for trouble and make it double

-Thanks again for accepting battling with me against the Carnelian fusion Ches-I said.

-No prob Shining Star, is good to have a fight with you as the same team- Ches said giving me some pats in the back.

We were at the streets of Blue's colony searching the arena in which the Carnelian fusion was. My other friends were more focused on training on their way since they were already informed that they were selected to be in the 100 battalion to fight Yellow's forces. Ches, who took her selection a little relaxed, accepted my invitation, claiming that she wanted something new before fighting against Yellow's troops.

-Yeah, I won't sweep the floor this time with you- I said chuckling.

-Hey! I also beat you sometimes, remember? Besides, you are stronger than a normal Rose Quartz- Ches said.

-Yes, it because our kind and sexy Pink Diamond supervised my creation personally and gave me special properties- I lied.

-I hope that she don't create more of you- Ches said putting her arms behind her back.

-What?- I said stopping suddenly by the commentary, that I felt it as an attack –it's something wrong me?

-Eh? Oh, No! No! No! No! No! No! I said it because you shine brighter than us during the fights and overshadow us, besides you make easier the battles, which make me a little envious of you- Ches said.

-Phew! I thought that I was bad or annoying- I said relieved.

-No, you are very lovable, funny and cheerful, you aren't annoying. You also are a very skilled fighter- Ches said.

-Thank you Ches, you are also a very good friend- I said hugging her with my left arm

-Your welcome! Well, let's better think in a strategy, since we have a clear disadvantage against those Carnelians- Ches said.

-And what it's?- I asked confused thinking on any advantage that they had against us.

-Their fusion, they become stronger when they fuse. We can't fuse because we are different Gems and even if we are the same kind of Gem you are a little shy when it comes to fusions- Ches said.

-Yeah... I am a little shy to fuse with another Rose Quartz...- I said.

-Don't worry, it's understandable. They are some that said that fusion it's a cheap tactic for weak Gems to become stronger...- Ches said.

-What!? That's ridiculous! The fusion is a way to show the confidence, camaraderie, friendship or love between Gems. Also that all the Gems need to fuse for a situation or problem that they can't do alone- I said furious.

Besides I didn't fused at that point, it makes me mad hearing Gems treating bad other Gems just because they are Gems that like to be fused all the time. There is nothing bad to be on an eternal relationship or being a being of 2 beings, but at the same time not forgetting who they are.

-Yeah, the Gems fuse because they like it or because they need it or both of them. There are Gems that work better fused than alone and that's fine and better for us at the moment of the battle. I am pretty sure that the Gems that said that "the fusion it's a cheap and blah blah blah" they really feel alone and are envious of their relationship. Other possibility is that they are afraid that there might be a stronger Gem than them- Ches said.

-Well, in that case they will be always envious of the Diamonds, since they are the strongest Gems of all- I said.

-Hahaha! Very true- Ches said.

We talked for some time until we entered in an arena in which 10 Gems were having a battle royale while others in the stands were watching the fight very excited, shouting, growling. It was like the humans that watch a football game or a wrestling act. Great part of the Gems in the stands were Gems of my court and great part of them were Quartzes, however, there were some Rubies, Pearls and even Hessonites, Peridots and Lapis Lazulis, as well that were Gems form Blue's court, as well Yellow's and very few of White's.