"Are we expecting anyone else?" Lily questioned dubiously, moving aside to let the two women see the newcomers for themselves. Leaning against the doorway, Lizzie squinted her tired eyes slightly, trying to identify them as Rose turned with a confused expression. 

"Is that Freddie Thorne?" She questioned, uncertainty lacing her tone. Although she didn't know Freddie well, Rose had attended school with him, and she knew that his relationship with the family was particularly rocky, especially with Ada and Tommy. His random appearance made no sense to anyone. 

"It bloody is, but screw Freddie. Do you know who that is?" She asked rhetorically, knowing full well that Rose would have no idea who the other brown haired man was, and logic prevailed as she shook her head accordingly. 

"That's Mark Winters, Jay and Harlow's father, if you can even call him that." Rose opened her mouth slightly in surprise, having heard the horror stories of the man in question, "I don't know what they want, and I don't know why they're here, but they certainly won't be fucking staying in this house." 

"Should we go and tell them now?" Rose hesitated, knowing that Lizzie had been in the family a lot longer than she had and knew how to deal with things like this. Rose was still a bit rusty of the history given that she was a newer addition, but just as loved. 

Lizzie glanced doubtfully between Rose and the two advancing men, who were now within earshot and would surely address them any second, "Just give it a minute. I don't want them barging in and upsetting everyone, as always." 

Rose nodded her head, standing sternly beside the fierce brunette, having no clue where the conversation was going to go. 

"Lizzie, always a pleasure to see you." Mark began with a pathetic excuse of a smile, as the unwelcome pair ascended the first few steps up to the front door. 

Lizzie stared him up and down precariously, placing a hand on her hip with a sneer, "Unfortunately, I can't say the same about you. Either of you, actually." She spoke, running her eyes along to Freddie who rose an eyebrow at her bluntness. Lizzie was seven months pregnant, she was hardly in the mood to be playing games. 

"I would like to see my son. I also have news for the Shelbys." Mark declared shamelessly, slinking his hands into his pockets as Lizzie scoffed in disbelief, "And what about your daughter? What about the one person you both manage to upset each time to show up." 

"We're not here to make a scene..." Freddie began, taking a step forwards as Lizzie held up her hand sternly, "You take another fucking step towards this house and I'll-"

"You'll what Lizzie? What are you gonna fucking do?" Mark challenged, sauntering dangerously close towards the woman, causing Rose to grab onto her friends arm worriedly. 

"I'm not doing this today, if you want to deal with the boys, it's your fucking funeral." Lizzie warned, having had enough of his attitude already. Lily, Charlotte and Olly watched in anticipation as Lizzie and Rose strolled quickly through towards the board room, the two unwanted visitors in tow.

"See, it wasn't that hard, was it?" Mark smirked as Lizzie pushed open the door after a sharp knock, receiving a glare in response as she stalked into the room, fully aware that they were disrupting the business meeting. 

"Don't even fucking speak to me right now." She grumbled under her breath so that only Rose could hear her frustration, watching as all heads turned from the plan on the table to the intruders. 

"Lizzie?" Jay pushed himself up from leaning over the table as she made her way over, wanting to get as far away as possible from her father in law. His look of concern immediately dropped to one of fury, his glare directed straight at his father who stood arrogantly beside the door.