Chapter 27

You spend the next day in the garden because the weather is beautiful. Even though it’s warm, you wear a sweater but you don’t care anymore. The main thing is that nobody notices anything. You haven’t spoken to Harry yet and you don’t plan to do so right now. So you lie outside in the sun, scroll through instagram and look at a few posts. But when you see a special post you suddenly stop and gasp for air.

It’s a picture of Harry. About Harry and a girl you don’t know but who is probably quite famous and well-known.You read through what is under the picture and shudder. Harry was seen with the girl. Last night. That means nothing, you think to yourself. But still you can not get the pictures out of your head that you have been desperately trying to escape the pain, that you needed him. And that he enjoyed this time with someone else.

Okay, there must be a good explanation for that, you think. Maybe the only saw each other briefly and weren’t at the party together. Maybe his phone was just out of battery and he couldn’t answer it because of it. You think about other options but you can’t get rid of the glowing pain and the uncertainty that there is something true about it. When he’s back you’ll just ask him, you decide. You’re looking forward to it because he said he’d be back tomorrow. Even if you can’t explain it to yourself, you miss him so terribly and you need him. You should probably tell him your story then too.

The day is largely uneventful and you stay outside the whole time. You would like to go to he city but there are probably too many people and you like it in the garden. After watching the sunset you go back inside and make yourself something to eat. Something that you should perhaps pay more attention to, you think. After dinner you go to your room, you open one of your notebooks and start a new drawing. Despite the fact that you should be asleep, you draw late into the night. On the one hand because you can’t sleep, on the other hand because you are afraid to sleep.

That your worry is unfounded on this one night, you notice as you slide into a dreamless sleep. When you wake up the next morning, you are happy because you know, that Harry is coming back today. You get ready and and try to hide how bad you look right now. Then your phone rings and you when you see it’s Harry, you answer it happily. “Hey” you say and smile. But with the  sad sound of his voice and the next words it disappears. “Hey....I have to tell you something....”