Chapter 18

You have a fun evening. The guys are incredibly nice. At the beginning Zayn was a bit quiet compared to the others but now you know that he is as crazy as the others. You quickly found out that Niall can laugh about almost anything and Louis can be pretty cheeky. Liam seems to be the most mature of them all but he is also crazy and you can laugh at anything.

Somehow the boys brought something to drink and it almost seems like you’re throwing a little party. You have already drunk a lot and notice that everything seems funnier and you don’t have to think so much anymore. You talk a lot and you get on really well with the guys. At some point you will be warm around and take off your jacket. You realize the mistake too late.

“What the...?” you hear a voice that you can assign to Louis and stare into five worried and horrified faces. You would probably have thought about it before if you weren’t so drunk. And you would probably come up with a good excuse but your brain isn’t working the way it should. On the other hand, they’re drunk too, so maybe I’ll get out of my mind again, you think.  

Harry comes up to you  and grabs your arm. You try to pull him away but the only thing that you can achieve is that you stagger dangerously and Harry has to hold you so you don’t fall. “How much did you drink” he asks worried. I would like to know that too, you think, but Niall’s loud laugh tells you that you may have said it out loud. Harry takes your hand and pulls you to the sofa so you can sit down and don’t fall.

Nevertheless, it does not escape the fact that others continue to stare at your arm. You keep silent until Harry takes the word. “Why?” is everythig he asks and you can’t look at him. “Do your parents know about it?” asks Liam and you laugh bitterly. Actually, you don’t want to talk about it, especially not with all of them but since your brain is probably not doing what you want anymore you only answer “They are the reason for it “ and look into uncomprehending faces. “My family is dead”....