Chapter 17 : Sneaking in

Hermione pov.

Nobody had found me in the pavilion in the garden. I had been here all day. I hadn't eaten anything. As it was already 11 pm and it started getting colder and colder, I sneaked back inside. Only when I was back in my room someone noticed me.

"Mia! Where were you? Did you even eat today? I was so worried!"

"Draco I'm completely fine." I was lying and he gave me a look that said 'Really?'. My eyes were puffy red from crying, my lip was cracked and bleeding, and on top of that I was trembling due to the cold.

"Mia, you're shaking! Where were you?" He asked softly but worried.

"I was in a secret part of the garden where I used to come as a child. My mom would have known." I walked out the bathroom, still shaking but in my pyjamas ready to get to bed.

" I walked out the bathroom, still shaking but in my pyjamas ready to get to bed

"Have you eaten anything today?" Still worried.

I shook my head and laid down in bed, Draco laid down next to me, facing me but I turned around not wanting him to see my tears streamed face.

"Mia, please talk to me... I was worried sick and you're still shaking! What were you thinking? Staying outside in that outfit in winter til 11 pm!" I started crying again.

"Hey Mia, shhh, it'll all be fine, come here" He hugged me from behind calming me down. "Just tell me next time. I was worried sick something happened to you"

I turned around and was now crying in his chest. There goes another shirt ruined by my tears. "I'm... I'm sorry... I didn't want to.. to scare you"

"It doesn't matter Mia, just try to get some sleep alright? I'll stay here with you"

Not much longer after I dozed off to sleep.

--- THE NEXT MORNING ---

"Morning beautiful. Are you feeling better than yesterday?"

"As long as my dad doesn't act like an a**hole I'm fine. I'm going to change I'll see you at breakfast"

"Can't I join you?" I give him a death glare.

"And then Blaise will walk in asking where you are, seeing you're with me and that'll end in me and my dad having a fight.. Lemme think about it... Sorry not today"

Draco pouts at me. "Fine you can stay here, but just don't walk in while I'm in there. Then I'm fine with you staying in my bedroom." His face lights up a little bit.

"As long as you don't wish me to go away, I'm okay with it princess."

I walk in the bathroom and change into a nude color romper with a flower design and black high heels. I put on some light makeup.

As I walked back into my room I saw Draco changed into some dark jeans and a white shirt

"Are you almost done, Mr I still need to brush my hair?"

"Nah, I'm not going to brush it today, you think I should?"

"Not at all, I like it messier. Then Blaise can't tell if we were doing this or you just didn't brush it"

"This?" He asks. I pull him closer in a passionate kiss. My hands messed his hair up while one of his hands was supporting my neck and the other was on my waist.

After we broke away, apparently a human still needs oxygen even when snogging, he smirked. "I like this"

"We should go downstairs Dray, Otherwise they'll be here any minute. And I'm hungry!"

"What do you expect when you didn't eat anything at all yesterday"

"That I would be hungry yesterday, not today. I can show you the spot if you want. You'll love it. Only my mother and I know about it. Dad doesn't and I don't want him to. It's my calm down spot."

"I would love that, Mia. Now let's go downstairs"

--- ONCE DOWNSTAIRS ---

"Mione, I'm sorry for yesterday. You were right. I was just worried about you."

I sigh as Draco squeezed my hand under the table "I know dad, but I'm a grown woman. I'm not the little girl I once was. Now let me eat. I'm hungry"

He puts his hands up defencely "Don't want to fight an angry and hungry Hermione". Blaise looks at my dad questionably.

"What do you mean dad?" He says. The whole table goes silent. Did he just say dad? My dad looks like a kid in a candy shop. I grin at him.

"He did that once. I already knew I was a witch. Let's just say, he ended up with an accent for a week." My dad glares at me. "You deserved that, dad. You took my food away and I was hungry!"

Blaise started laughing and the rest of breakfast was a catch up with funny stories about our youth. All 6 of us. And by the look on Theo's, Astoria's, Pansy's and Draco's face, they had a place now.

A place to call home.

--------------

Word count : 833

--------------