Chapter : Who's the head girl?

Draco pov.

I was standing at perron 9 ¾. I still don't know why my mother thought it was a good idea to send me back to Hogwarts. I did so many things against every one in war. I was a death eater; but it wasn't only my mother who thought it was a good idea to get back to Hogwarts to do over my last year. Professor McGonogall stood at our doorstep on the first of july.

*FLASHBACK*

"I'll open the door mom, don't worry" we still did have some house elves but not many. We paid them like we should, gave them 3 days off in a week. Today was one of those 3 days.

I open the door and look right in the face of professor McGonogall. "Professor, would you like to come in?" I ask and gesture that she could come in. It was awkward.

"Yes please. Can I talk to you about your seventh year Mr Malfoy?" " Euhm yes of course what about it?"

"I would like you to redo it. As head boy." she says deathly serious. "Why would you want me as head boy, I was a death eater. Everybody hates me."

"By showing up the head girl will notice your good intentions. And if she trusts you, the rest will follow." "Who's the head girl?"

"You'll find out soon. If you come" "Alright, I'll come" I sighed.

*END FLASHBACK*

Today was the day I would find out who the head girl was. McGonogall had told me that we have to be in the head compartment for the whole ride. So I entered the compartment. It was as big as the Slytherin compartment, if it wasn't bigger. It was 11 and the train left. After 10 minutes the head girl wasn't here yet, and McGonogall entered. 'Sh*t, she isn't here yet'

"Don't worry Mr Malfoy, I know exactly where the head girl is. She is already at Hogwarts due to personal circumstances. I can tell you who she is, if you would like." I nod "It's Hermione Granger" My jaw almost dropped.

"Don't be surprised, her grades were very good and she proved what she can do during war. I know you 2 don't have the best history but I ask you not to be rude to her, especially this year. She has enough problems to deal with. Enough about her, I would like you to inform the prefect about the patrolling on the Express. There are 8, two from each house from the seventh year. Can you handle that?"

"Yes that can't be a problem" I say thinking about what problems Granger could have. 'Would it have to do something with Weaselbee or with scarhead?' . "One question, is she going to be at the feast or not?"

"I don't know that Mr Malfoy, that depends on how she's feeling about coming or not. She also knows you're the head boy. Let me tell you, she didn't react at all. Not shocked, surprised, angry or anything else." She pauses and continues "Can you make sure she eats 3 times a day please? I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. She thinks it is all her fault." She says, the worry noticeable in her voice.

'What the hell, Granger doesn't eat anymore? She didn't even react when she heard I am head boy? Something is definitely wrong with her! "She's starving herself? Can I please know what's going on with her?"

"That is something you'll have to ask her. But don't mention anything you just got to know from me. If she knows, she'll sink into a depression I think. It is a combination of problems I think but I can't say for sure." McGonogall says as she leaves the compartment.

The rest of the train ride was quite peaceful, no problems. When we arrived at Hogwarts, I didn't see Potter, Weasel or Weaslette. 'Probably with Granger' I walk in the great hall with the last persons. I saw Granger sitting at the Gryffindor table alone. 'Where the hell are her friends?'

I almost felt sorry for her. No, I did feel sorry for her. She had no one to go to. Maybe she needed someone to vent to. Maybe I could be that person. Since we share a dorm and stuff. I had to apologize to her for all the years I pestered her. Hoping she would forgive me.

Before I knew it the feast had started. After introducing the heads. And I must say, when I saw Hermione's face I knew it was a fake smile. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. I only hoped she did eat. In the middle of the feast I saw a little note appear in front of me.

"What's that Draco?" Blaise asked. I wasn't the only Slytherin that would redo the seventh year. Blaise, Pansy, Theo and Astoria were here too. "I don't know, Blaise."

I took the note and opened it.

'Can I speak with you after the feast? It's about our dorm. I'll show you where it is. I know where it is since I've been here since a week ago. By the way, I already forgave you.

Hermione Granger

I look up shocked. How did she know I was going to apologize? 'McGonagall' There is no other explanation. I look at her. We lock eyes and I give her a small smile. She smiles back but I can see it's a fake one, again...

"Who are you looking at?" Theo asks. He looks in towards the place I was smiling. "Granger?? What's going on between you two?"

"Nothing Theo, she's head girl, and she just sended a note to meet her after the feast so she can me towards our common room and dorm. That's it." I answer Theo

"Yeah, he just forgot to mention the 'I already forgave you' part..." Pansy smirks.

"That's some good news Draco, you won't have to fight with her the whole year." Astoria tells me with a small smile.

"Wasn't planning on fighting with her, because then I'd be fighting McGonagall, she asked me to be civil to her. That she already has enough problems, I was thinking about that. Did you guys see Potter, Weasel or Weaslette? I think it might have to do something with them."

"Now you say so, no I didn't see them. But can you say sorry to her from us?" Pansy asks while the other 3 are at her.

"Can't be a problem." When I say that 4 notes appear in front of the four.

"Leave it, you don't have to tell her anymore." Astoria says as she looks up at Hermione with a genuine smile. Probably they got a note telling them she forgave them already. The other 3 do the same thing. Hermione just smiles back at them, at least that's what they think. I can see it's fake, I saw enough fake smiles to make one out of this.

--------------------------------------

Word count : 1165

--------------------------------------

A/N :

Hope you enjoyes the first part

Love, Your writer SB