Chapter 19

"Dad! I saw them!" Bella yelled, finally stopping when we were in the kitchen of our house.

"What's the matter?" Dad asked, looking at both of us concerned.

"In the woods. They're not bears," she said, still gripping tight to my wrist.

"What do you mean "in the woods"? Bella, what the hell were you doing out in the woods? Why didn't you stop your sister?" Dad set down his mug, and looked at me. I only responded with wide eyes. What was I supposed to do? Let her go by herself?! If I wasn't there, she definitely would have been dead by now!

"They're wolves. I mean, they're like huge wolves. Eva saw them too! Right Eva?" She frantically looked at me to back her up, but I only looked at uncle Harry with panicked eyes. What am I supposed to say?

"Did you?" Dad asked, and I looked at him. I can't lie to him, but I also have to protect Jake and the pack. I have to.

"I-I-I don't know. They looked like wolves but not, they were different. Could have been a different type of bear, I don't know what the bears look like around here," I lied, and Bella looked at me like I just betrayed her.

"Are you sure about that, Bella?" Uncle Harry asked, and I winced. Dad can't find out!

"Yeah! We just saw them. They were after... something," She quickly stopped before saying Laurent and changed it to something. Oh, so she'll protect the cold ones secret, but she won't keep her mouth shut about the wolves?! Uncle Harry cleared his throat, and I looked at him with apologetic eyes.

"Wolves? You both saw them?" He asked, and Bella nodded while I shrugged.

"All right, well, Harry, feel like going hunting? Get some of your guys together?" Dad asked, and my face fell. Uncle Harry was uncomfortable but ended up nodding.

"Sure, yeah, I'll just huh..." he said pointing to the leaving room and moving to it, so he could make some calls. I went after him and as soon as we were in the living room, and the other two couldn't hear or see us, I grabbed his arm, and fully zoned into the fight.

"Their chasing Laurent, a cold one. He attacked Bella and I in a meadow on no man's land. They are close behind, Jake leading. He's flooded with more anger than the others since Laurent had me in a choke hold by the time they arrived. Laurent just stopped and is about to try and take them on. Jake lunged at him and got his arm but-ah!" I yelped out feeling Laurent punch Jake off with his other arm.

"Eva-"

"I'm fine. Paul got a hold of him and tossed him to Jake, who caught him and pinned him to the ground. He just ripped Laurent's head off, the others are ripping arms and legs. It's over, they're phasing back." I quickly disconnected, giving them privacy. The last thing I could smell was a whiff of fire before I disconnected.

"Did they burn him?" He asked, holding my hands, that were holding his one arm.

"Yes, I smelled it before the link fully disconnected. I thought you'd like to know what was happening and why Bella found out. I had fought Laurent until the wolves got there. I caused a few cracks but not enough to stop him," I explained why I was narrating the fight.

"Thank you. Why did you cry out?" He asked, and I immediately smiled, not able to help it.

"Jake. I'm his imprint, and he's my fated. We're bonded times two, and so when I was mind linked to him, I was able to see, hear, smell, and feel through him. I can do that with the other wolves, as well and anyone I link to. But, when I am, I feel their pain. It's not a lot but a small sensation of it, but with Jake, I feel all his pain, and he feels all of mine. When that leech punched him off and he flew, hitting a tree, I felt it. He was fine and it went away quickly, but it happened. I'm fine now, a lot better knowing the boys are okay," I sighed, smiling proudly. They took down their first cold one.