I quirked an eyebrow. "Are you also wanting to play shrink?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm serious."

"No, you're Ginny. Sirius is my godfather."

"Har-har," she mocked. "Terribly funny."

I smiled half-heartedly. "Humour is my new coping mechanism."

"Come on, Lys. I'm trying to help."

I dropped my toast onto the plate and brushed the crumbs off my hands. "Well-I feel like-like I can't live without him." I grimaced wearily. "I know he's still here. If I turn around, I'll see him sitting right there at the Slytherin table but-we can't be in each other's lives right now." I paused. "Thanks to me-and I know it's for the best but still, I can't-I can't-I don't know. I can't anything without him-and I hate it."

Humming thoughtfully, Ginny leaned back in her seat. "Alright. We will know you're healed when you learn that you can live without him, as much as you don't want to."

I exaggerated a frown. Her words made my heart ache. "That's terribly sucky."

"You know what's terribly sucky?" She retorted, crossing her arms over her chest. "Being outed to the entire school by Satan's whore."

Both Hermione and I failed to suppress our snickers to which Ginny scowled at.

"I'm sorry," I sputtered between laughs. "It's not funny, really."

Ginny sighed heavily, resting her head in her palm. "It's alright. I do regret running out before you punched her. I'd kill to see that."

"I'll gladly do it again."

"You best not," Hermione mused. "I'm surprised she has yet to retaliate."

"According to Enzo, she's embarrassed-which speaks volumes." I said. "Nobody ever puts her in her place."

"Isn't that going to make her retaliation worse?" Ginny asked cautiously.

I shrugged. "Maybe-but I'm the worst target considering how closely I'm being watched by her own head of house. With the professors watching me like hawks to ensure I'm not entirely off the rails after all the shit that happened with Samael, it makes it much harder for Mara to pull anything with me." I couldn't help grinning smugly.

"I wish someone would push her off the Astronomy tower already," Ginny grumbled. "It would do everyone a favour."

"You can say that again."

-

Draco

How the fuck am I supposed to stay away from her? Easier said than done.

I couldn't even eat breakfast because I was too busy staring at her sitting with her friends. Her stupidly intoxicating laugh echoed through the hall and coursed through my veins like alcohol to get drunk off of.

I hated this.

I hated it more than anything.

Yet, I knew everything Elysia had said was right.

As much as I would tear apart my own soul to save her, that was destructive to both of us. I would do it again and again and again, for all of eternity if need be-but I suppose that's entirely her point. We can't function like that.

I'd wait forever for her.

If she needs time to work on herself, I'll give her all of the seasons she needs.