Oh, God. I love you, I love you, I love you.

"Draco, I-"

Frenzied knocking on Draco's room door sounded, causing us both to jump out of bed in a panic. Draco glanced at me, his eyes glazed with concern before he pulled the door open.

Blaise glanced between Draco and I, not seeming surprised to see me here. "You might want to come down to the Entrance Hallway. Something's going on."

"What happened?" I moved past Draco to look at Blaise. He looked equally as concerned and confused as Draco and I did.

"Not sure," Blaise shrugged, already turning to leave. "But something is wrong."

"Draco..."

Blaise had already left and Draco turned to look at me, rushing over to take my face in his hands when he read the panic hiding behind my eyes. "It's okay. We won't worry until we know there's something to worry about."

Draco's fingers laced through mine as we left the dormitory and Slytherin common room, going through the dungeons and arriving at the Entrance hallway. The professors were all gathered in small groups, taking in hushed whispers. Students clamoured around, the hallway bustling with chatter.

"What's going on?" Draco and I approached Pansy and Blaise who stood with the other Gryffindors.

"Not a clue," Ron shrugged.

"Nothing good." Harry sighed. From the look on his face, he knew more than he was leading on.

"QUIET!" Snape's loud, cold voice boomed through the room and instantly silenced everyone. He stood on the stairs, towering above everyone else. "As some of you have learnt, our Headmaster Professor Albus Dumbledore has..." Snape faltered, struggling to say the words. "Albus Dumbledore is no longer with us."

Gasps and chatter sounded throughout the hall.

What?

Minerva cleared her throat, coming to stand beside Snape. Her eyes were glossed over and hands slightly trembling by her sides but she kept her expression as guarded as she could. "We have lost a tremendous life and the loss will surely be felt all throughout the Wizarding World. We want to assure you, everything will remain in order and for those of you who need, counselling will be provided. We know Albus Dumbledore treated many of you like his own pupils."

"What?" Pansy muttered quietly from beside me. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Professor Minerva McGonagall will be taking place as our new Headmistress." Snape said, his voice thick.

One wand after the next, everyone pointed their wands to the sky to honour Dumbledore.

Soon after, everyone resumed their daily routine, starting with breakfast in the Great Hall. The atmosphere was tense and uneasy. Everyone could feel it. Like spiders crawling along your spine, the news of Dumbledores sudden and unexpected death was looming over the halls of Hogwarts.

"What the fuck just happened?" Ron muttered as he slid into his seat at our usual table. The news was entirely random and taking everyone for a whirl.

Harry ran a hand down his face, slinking down in his seat. "Dumbledore destroyed the stone."

My blood ran cold. I froze. "What?"

Harry sheepishly met my eyes. "The Stone of Vita. Dumbledore had it all along. Years ago, when Samael first tried to take the stone from your father, Dumbledore came into possession of it in the midst of the battle when the stone was misplaced."